Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #101 
Tikibirds

Personally, i don't like my guys to have less then 3 gallons. That being said, I do have a 1 gallon and a 2 gallon wine glass that I do use.

I really do not like the wine glass simple because it is round and hard to see into it, Everything gets massivly distorted

and I also have the hawkeye 1G corner tank.
I bought it for a fish I saw in walmart that was in BAD shape. He healed rather well in the 1 gallon even though it was unheated *gasp*

He turned into this
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:57 PM   #102 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
ChoclateBetta: I find 10 gallons just fine, unless I lack enough plants. Then I divide, and add a good amount to each side for two bettas (only if they are "compatible" in an odd sense).

I will say, I do not like those small small tanks that come with dividers. o_O It isn't all that great for fishy and can cause an ammonia crisis

On the comment of "less to guard" I had one fish who would relentlessly patrol his 10 gallon all day each day. He slept at night (I think)
Okay good I was just beinga rancid thank you and is 99 percent water change weekly enough there's a filter?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:59 PM   #103 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaz View Post
I love this thread! (((hugs)))

The more I look at my 10 gal planted tank the more I think I should of gotten two 5 gals or three 2.5 gal. It's just that 10 gal is very overwhelming and takes up a lot of space. *sigh* I have not moved my betta yet still thinking about it. lol! He is happy in his 2.5 gal tank. I just got a small HMPK two days ago and he is in a 1 gal tank with plants. He loves it! :)
Mine barely takes any space and 10 doesn't overwhelm carter he loves it and I was only ak,we'd two tanks,
Old 10-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #104 
rbphoto

Quote:
Some of my small 1 gallon tanks actually has their own lights built in. I would usually have some source of light in the room for the tanks - window and/or room lights. I find some of my fish, when in a smaller area do not particularily like lights.
Yeah, it came with a built in light. I just don't want my plants dying on me. My tank gets about 3 hours of sunlight on a good day, but with the hurricane passing through I won't get real light for almost a week... I hope my plants pull through.
rbphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM   #105 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I put a 25watt light bulb on the lid tormplants and use natural lighting too.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 PM   #106 
Sena Hansler

99% water change for what?

I do find rounded bowls and whatnot distort I did have a 3 gallon 360, but I disliked it for that reason. Lost the fish even when looking straight at it O_o
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #107 
xShainax

Here is Bazooka Joe's new 2 gallon tank. I think it's rather cute
Attached Images

xShainax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:33 PM   #108 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:

I do find rounded bowls and whatnot distort I did have a 3 gallon 360, but I disliked it for that reason. Lost the fish even when looking straight at it O_o
90ish in my ten gallon waste builds up fast.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:34 PM   #109 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:

Agreed the also mess up gas exchange.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:37 PM   #110 
Sena Hansler

I have no idea... I do a 50% weekly, gravel siphoning without filters... 100% once a month.

I do a 25% for cycled 10 gallons.

Shaina, love the yellow plants! :)
Sena Hansler is online now   Reply With Quote