Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #131 
Sena Hansler

To me, it's fine. I don't know about others.

Just... try to avoid using "have to" in any sentence. Otherwise it can come across as rude, even if it really isn't. Replace "have to" with "I recommend" or "you should" and back it up with facts (not just your own experience, I mean FACTS)

Example: "You HAVE to clean that bowl 2-3 times a week."

VS

"I recommend cleaning that bowl 2-3 times a week, because of it's size. Ammonia builds up pretty fast in a smaller space, and ammonia is deadly and painful to fish - it causes ammonia burns, poisoning, rot, and possibly death."

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #132 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I reccomend cleaning your bowls every other day keeping the temp 80F and most fun of all decorations.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #133 
Sena Hansler

But is that convenient? Not all people can keep their bowls at 80 degrees. The safe zone is 76-80, as 76 is the lowest recommended, while 80 is just comfy. Higher can cause some problems but bettas don't tend to mind too much.

Plus, bowls do NOT need to be cleaned every other day. Anything under a 1 gallon I would recommend every other day though But 1 gallons, at least 1-2 times a week because of ammonia.

Anyways, let's keep it on track :p

Does anyone else have smaller tanks/bowls?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #134 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not to be rude but under a gallon is daily and gallon is every other day was that worded nicely?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #135 
Sena Hansler

Yes, but that is not the point. THIS IS A THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE TANKS AND BOWLS UNDER 2 GALLONS.

You knew that very well. YOUR opinion is that the bowls and tanks MUST be cleaned ever so much. But please stop pushing your opinion, it can come across as mean. This thread died BECAUSE of that.

To be brutally honest with you, the reason this thread was made was BECAUSE of comments like that, that made people feel stupid, unwanted, hated and discouraged. It is not fair to them. Here, I do not want people tp be TOLD what they HAVE to do. THIS is a thread for people to SHARE what they HAVE.

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 10-27-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #136 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sorry I am okay with bowls as long as they are nice I like a lot of these tanks Carter lived in a big bowl twice sorry if I offended anyone I thought I worded it nicely.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #137 
Sena Hansler

That's okay. Just... Instead of advice or anything, how about we just...enjoy? and share.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #138 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Okay I had Carter in a 1 gallon Goldfish bowl I hated it no matter what the water turned green and Riccia Fluitans and Duckweed took over and another time he was in a 1.5 gallon bowl my ssiter had an exact replica the fish died a month later carter had and old heater i like that i can fit so many plants in my ten.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #139 
Sena Hansler

Water turned green? Lol. Never had that problem!! But then again my bigger tanks I used a Siamese algae eater to clean the algae.. Smaller tanks easy to just empty and clean. Once my fish store starts (may start online and local then expand a bit more with more fish and supplies) I will probably prefer cycled tanks. But, still have some small tanks :) plus instead of cups for my bettas I will be using a 3-6 level shelf, and 1 gallon tanks. I have that figured out already :) hopefully, have a house with a heater garage and use the garage as a store!!
Old 10-27-2012, 08:51 PM   #140 
RedRaz

Here is my 1 gal tank :)

This is my 1 gal tank with my HMPK boy. His name is Ginger Baker. ;) I have a few anacharis and IAL. He is gonna get moved into a 5 gal tank as he grows. Right now he is pretty small. I'm still working on my other 1 gal tank that houses my crowntail girl Rosie. I'm QTing plants for her tank that I will add soon.
Attached Images

RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote