Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-23-2012, 08:23 PM   #11 
Sena Hansler

That is a neat plant!

Quote:
HOOO-RAY!!!! someone finally said it :)
haha well I have been thinking it, and despite the "no, people won't approve" annoying voice I did it anyways because I shouldn't care what others think - I care for my pets, and that is that. (shoulda seen what my guineas had, my dogs had, my cat had, beardie had, etc) And so should you. I personally do not like vases - mainly because of the shape xD HOWEVER.. I saw one, shaped like a super large wine glass (approximately 1.5 gallons) and I thought it would be cute xD But first I would need a room heater. And maybe my boyfriend's permission for more fish (I got him hooked mwahaha)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #12 
sareena79

yeah i saw one of those too, almost got it but i was afraid the opening at the top was too tempting for him to jump out of. the water line on my vase is about 3.5in from the top and he has vines all across it to "deter" him a bit more.
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 PM   #13 
sareena79

and yeah Im right there with u on the zoo lol I have 3 cats, a dog, a turtle and my fish and I used to have guineas too! they were all well cared for even if I had to go without!
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 PM   #14 
Connierodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
HOOO-RAY!!!! someone finally said it :)
my "tank" is one of the dreaded vases (GASP!) but here's the deal...
its a 2gallon vase (I measured!)
he has a heater (under tank, keeps it at a steady 80deg)
he has a thermometer
he has an actively growing pothos plant to filter out toxins
he has oak leaves in his tank to strengthen his fins
he gets weekly 100% water changes
he has a light (daylight and moonlight settings)
he has a fake plant @ the bottom he loves to hide in and explore
he is fed once a day and is about to start on a product called Vita-Chem which is supposed to be GREAT for his scales/fins
HE IS SPOILED ROTTEN!
b/c he has such long heavy fins he spends most of his day chilling out in his pothos leaves so a bigger tank would probably go to waste on him. he jaunts around when hes feeling froggy then its right back into his roots (oh and he has plenty of surface space to get fresh air)
heres a pic or 2 (or 3 lol), sorry its crappy I was trying to get the whole thing in there.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Yay!! Happy fish..it about water quAlity not size at all..i bought small bowl for my nieces with bettas ( before knowing about this site) and its been six months and their fish are happy and healthy..i have mine in 5 gallon..and good waer nd all but he began to bite his fins when i put him in 5 g :(
Connierodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #15 
sareena79

Quote:
i have mine in 5 gallon..and good water and all but he began to bite his fins when i put him in 5 g :(
the longer Im on here the more I notice that people with big fancy tanks have just as many (if not more) issues that those of us with smaller tanks. Im all for giving them room to swim but it really is more about quality than quantity I think
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #16 
Meggie6347

As long as the betta is taken care of, I don't see a problem with small tanks...unless of course it's TINY like they can barely move, and I wouldn't want to put a king or a giant in a small tank either.

If you think about it, anything is better than the tiny, filthy, cold cups that they are kept in, and you are giving them a MUCH better life either way...

I have two bowls, each almost 2 gallons. I keep a small DTPK male in one (planted) and a female in the other (not planted). The male plakat had a HUGE chunk out of his fins that went almost to his body, and within just a few weeks it was completely gone, and he builds very large bubble nests all the time. This is just more proof that they can be just fine in smaller "tanks," depending on the situation.

(The only pictures I have of the male in his bowl are from a week or two after we first got him, so the chunk out of his fin is still pretty large. It's completely healed beautifully now. You can't even tell it was there in the first place)

#1: His first (tiny) bubble nest

Yet another bubble nest...at one time, he had three different nests in his bowl O_o all built at separate times...one a day...lol

Sorry for the picture overload!

Btw, I really like this thread
Meggie6347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #17 
Karebear13

those little bowls are so cute ^^ love what you did with them
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #18 
Sena Hansler

Wow! I agree - nicely done with those bowls!!

I actually saw a 4 gallon bowl xD It was HUGE haha. I do agree... I know people who think just because their wondeful 10 gallon tank is cycled they only have to clean it every 6 months. (And then they wonder why their fish is dull, listless and sick.)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #19 
sareena79

VERY CUTE! love the mesh u covered the top with too....
Old 10-23-2012, 09:52 PM   #20 
sareena79

And amen sena!!!