Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 09:03 AM   #301 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
I was gonna say you stuffed alot of decor in there if its only 1 gallon!
Lol honestly at first it was quit bare but cheshire loves to hide. He only comes out when I'm around XD so added more hidey holes.

Last edited by asukabetta; 11-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #302 
ravenwinds

Asukabetta: your bowl is absolutely gorgeous! I am jealous! And congrats on Cheshire's recovery :) It is always so nice to hear when a betta recovers from an illness.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #303 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
I agree: sareena, your betta's home is beautiful! I like the pothos in the tank...leaving a few leaves out is a great idea; the whole plant will be able to collect CO2 from air so it will be able to grow faster and you'll benefit by having cleaner air with more O2!

I agree with Creat as well: I think arguments...especially if it's same argument and it's all over the forum...really do tend to push people away; a constant argument turns people off and makes the forum inhospitable! We should all work harder at getting along!
thank u :) and yes I agree with your 2nd statement as well which is why I was getting frustrated that no matter how many times I attempted to end the convo it continued but oh well its over and done now. Im happy with my tank and so is Sushi and thats all that really matters in the end right :)

anyway asukabetta u have an adorable tank, I love it! it looks like a posh little hotel for fish lol
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #304 
paloverde

Wow! this thread was originally started so people could have a "safe place" to share pics and tips on their small tanks, and has morphed into a sounding board for anti small tanks. Perhaps those people who don't have positive feedback should just stop visiting this thread and start a thread all about the virtues of large tanks. Love the pics, they are calm and so soothing to view. I have a 1.5 hex with rcs and when one of my kids show me how to post pics ( old person syndrome ) i will share.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #305 
Freyja
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
wow! This thread was originally started so people could have a "safe place" to share pics and tips on their small tanks, and has morphed into a sounding board for anti small tanks. Perhaps those people who don't have positive feedback should just stop visiting this thread and start a thread all about the virtues of large tanks. Love the pics, they are calm and so soothing to view. I have a 1.5 hex with rcs and when one of my kids show me how to post pics ( old person syndrome ) i will share.
+100000
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #306 
Beccanne

So I moved my baby Nova onto the coffee table in the living room (he was in the bedroom) because I could tell he was getting lonely, and he is soooo much happier now! I hope this will accelerate his growth, I am so excited to see what he's going to turn out like when he's full grown. He's so tiny right now I can hardly believe it, and his colors change every day! He doesn't have a heater because our apartment stays at 78* and his thermometer reads 76* and he's perfectly happy with that!

Name:  photo(2).jpg
Views: 442
Size:  37.0 KB

Name:  photo(4).jpg
Views: 438
Size:  33.6 KB
Beccanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #307 
Sena Hansler

Quote:
Originally Posted by labloverl View Post
Ok, you've all inspired me to set up my 1.5 gallon. It came with a grid at the bottom and a little blue filter/type thing with an air pump. But would I really need that? I plan to put gravel in. I have a small anubias in my 10 gallon, but should I put that in the 1.5 gallon? Would it help water quality at all???? Here it is as a hospital tank.

I mean, I have a 3.5, 5, and 10 gallon. Quite frankly, I'm out of space! BUT, do I want to get a sick fish, or a healthy one? I saw this really small guy at the store today. He was really small, thin, with short fins. He didn't look like he had fin rot though. He was a VT, and I think that a VT would be perfect in this size tank. However, I also have a small VT in my divided 5 gallon. I could put him in the 1.5 and get a new healthy one!!!! What should I do?

I have the exact tank (twice over). I do not use the silly filtration thinner it comes with. It is more of a hassle than anything. I do usually add an adjustable bubbler to avoid slimy build up on the surface though!

If you want to rescue a sick fish, make sure to have a good number of medications on hand :)

I do agree that everyone here deserves respect. I know many great people here, who use 1 gallons. Who use 20 gallons. It makes no difference - the real difference is what kind of care the beta can receive. For instance my friend had let me take her betta who she rescued from someone who never cleaned the tank, overfed, had a pleco and guppies with the betta, and the betta was so rotted his fins were falling off! And it took months to get rid of SBD, but he pulled through.
FYI that tank was a 29 gallon.

I may end up making a 2-3 gallon if the one fry I have makes it. He/she has a bent spine yet swims, eats, and does just fine! I would make it so it can reach the surface when fins grow in (especially if it is a male...) so it would end up being a shallow and long tank :)

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 11-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #308 
Freyja
Banned

Sena Hansler, ever the voice of reason.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #309 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How did you come up with putting plants in there I came up with mine by my biology teacher his filter had sand,snails,a and algae. My aunt was growing pothos in water they were dieng I put some in my Filter and it is thriving I love the pink ribbon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #310 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloverde View Post
Wow! this thread was originally started so people could have a "safe place" to share pics and tips on their small tanks, and has morphed into a sounding board for anti small tanks. Perhaps those people who don't have positive feedback should just stop visiting this thread and start a thread all about the virtues of large tanks. Love the pics, they are calm and so soothing to view. I have a 1.5 hex with rcs and when one of my kids show me how to post pics ( old person syndrome ) i will share.
TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVER BEEN SPOKEN!....those who dont agree with smaller tanks should probably just unsubscribe from this thread, start thier own and leave us simplistic folk to enjoy the fun and unique way that we all choose to set up our smaller scale homes
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote