Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #311 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I gave up on the topic and you all you all continued it so you tell me to stop I do and you all continue.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #312 
Tikibirds

If water conditions are kept up, I find nothing wrong with 1 gallon tanks. In fact, my first rescue was in a 1 gallon tank and he healed up quite well.

I wasn't sure if he was gonna live so i just got the $10 hawkeye 1 gallon tank. I dislike it because it is hard to get the betta out of it when its time for a water change.

His fins started growing back and he colored up which I doubt he would of done if he was not kept in clean water. I did not, however have a heater for him at the time and I ended up ditching the undergravel filter.

He he is a few weeks later - the water is green because of Betta Revive.

Although, I will admit, he started healing A LOT faster when I put him into the 5 gallon.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:46 PM   #313 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I only like my 10 because Carter loves swimming.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #314 
lexylex0526

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
If water conditions are kept up, I find nothing wrong with 1 gallon tanks. In fact, my first rescue was in a 1 gallon tank and he healed up quite well.

I wasn't sure if he was gonna live so i just got the $10 hawkeye 1 gallon tank. I dislike it because it is hard to get the betta out of it when its time for a water change.

His fins started growing back and he colored up which I doubt he would of done if he was not kept in clean water. I did not, however have a heater for him at the time and I ended up ditching the undergravel filter.

He he is a few weeks later - the water is green because of Betta Revive.

Although, I will admit, he started healing A LOT faster when I put him into the 5 gallon.

Omg! This is too funny, I have that exact same hawkeye tank and my betta landin who is in the tank looks JUST like your little guy! :) :D
lexylex0526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:23 PM   #315 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love square tanks because they have better gas exchange. Love the tank.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #316 
asukabetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenwinds View Post
Asukabetta: your bowl is absolutely gorgeous! I am jealous! And congrats on Cheshire's recovery :) It is always so nice to hear when a betta recovers from an illness.
thanks, aww well the tank's decor is all thanks to a dollar store lol well here they are better known as bazaars, and yes it is, all my care has been rewarded with a healthy betta and that is really satisfiying.

Have you posted a pic of your tank? Would love to see yours!

Last edited by asukabetta; 11-09-2012 at 06:39 PM.
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #317 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Dollar stores are great.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #318 
Sena Hansler

For a while during my rescues I used 2 dollar washbins, approximately 2-3 gallons, with syran-wrap overtop. Humid, warm, safe :) and plus since they were white it made it easy to clean xD

I have learned all about people and how we work :p saying "you HAVE to" triggers rebellion. Scolding "you SHOULDN'T" causes disrespect. Hinting (which can be a part of bragging) causes people to stop listening. Which is why I started paying more attention to people in such cases... Which is why I don't push a "5 gallon minimum" rule on anyone. I know how it feels to have people latch onto every word I say, so they could criticize, and bring me down. I don't want anyone on this forum, or in person ever feel like that.

Sometimes people just forget the little things, and follow the shepherd as blind sheep.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #319 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

For me the only other reason I use a 10 gallon I am only allowed two tanks, no one here sells divider supplies or divider for a 10, if I am only allowed two tanks why not get a bigger. I know many members here are not in that situation. Sena thanks just learned a new social skill.
Old 11-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #320 
Sena Hansler

No problem :) and I agree. If I could have 10 tanks, I would... Probably smaller. If I were allowed 2 tanks, I'd have bigger ;)

On a different topic; I also figured, the room heater has kept the chilly basement bedroom toasty as my fish's water remains at 82 degrees! :o and my baby betta, may end up being a male. Fins are getting longer...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote