Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 01:25 PM   #351 
nel3

thank you, im not sure if im too paranoid on wc but the water does stay pretty clean. i wouldnt say im being too difficult with the wc but only doing because i never had much luck with partial changes. ive seen ph swings damage my dt's tail a bit too much before setting an amount of ial water to put in.

i also havent had any isues with my 5g divided, i also put at T joint that extends 2 inches on both sides of the divider. ive went with silicon also for securing the divider. though its a pain in the butt if i had to remove the main divider. i once did that and the gravel naturally filled in the gaps to slide the crafting mesh in. it was the last time i did that.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:16 PM   #352 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My ten gallon has plants, filter, and water changes to stay clean so I only do a 50 percent weekly or a 100 percent every other week.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM   #353 
sareena79

just bored...wanted to share a video of Sushi I took tonight. Im sure yall are probably as sick of seeing him as he is of seeing me with the camera hahhaah. he never really cooperates at picture time, before I turned it on he was all over the place, zipping thru his plant and nosing around in the gems at the bottom then the second I start taking pix and videos he gets all shy. maybe one day he will put on a show for yall heheheh. but for now, here's him flashing a little tail...hes a nerd and I love him though. hope u enjoy the video :) sorry for the glare.... he gets kinda lazy halfway thru but perks back up at the end (brat!)

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...=VIDEO0047.mp4
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #354 
JadeSparrow

I love this thread. You all have done some awesome things with these tanks. I was really starting to feel bad for Osiris because I keep him in 2 gal hex. There is a heater and it stays at about 80. If something looks wrong please let me know. This is a somewhat new setup for me.
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #355 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
My ten gallon has plants, filter, and water changes to stay clean so I only do a 50 percent weekly or a 100 percent every other week.
With a larger, filtered, planted tank you want to avoid those 100% water changes.. the plants use the waste of the fish as fertilizer. What is ideal for your tank would be 1 30-50% water change per week with vacuuming of the gravel once every 2-3 weeks.
There is a thing as too clean/sterile for fish tanks.. it's a balancing act to keeping them healthy. It may not of caused any problems by what you are doing now, but it can down the road.

Just wanted to let you know that... to help keep your little one in tip top shape!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:34 AM   #356 
Sena Hansler

Jade, what you could do is add a taller fabric plant in the centre :) Otherwise, something wrong with it? I don't think so.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #357 
JadeSparrow

I shall go shopping then ^_^ the fabric plant is a left over from a smaller bowl I had before.
JadeSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #358 
Sena Hansler

Ahh ok :p I got something like that tank, and I have a taller plant with a smaller plant lol.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #359 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
just bored...wanted to share a video of Sushi I took tonight. Im sure yall are probably as sick of seeing him as he is of seeing me with the camera hahhaah. he never really cooperates at picture time, before I turned it on he was all over the place, zipping thru his plant and nosing around in the gems at the bottom then the second I start taking pix and videos he gets all shy. maybe one day he will put on a show for yall heheheh. but for now, here's him flashing a little tail...hes a nerd and I love him though. hope u enjoy the video :) sorry for the glare.... he gets kinda lazy halfway thru but perks back up at the end (brat!)

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j4...=VIDEO0047.mp4
I can't see the video sounds great though.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #360 
Sena Hansler

I saw a yellow (and a black speckled yellow) betta yesterday. And three dalmations. And an orange! :p But I don't have room for more than I am already getting/have (have two breeders going to come in soon <3) I need to also set up the room for the fry jars (in the future) and for the tanks!

Sareena your fishy is so pretty!!