Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #31 
Sena Hansler

It also does not help that stores such as walmart decide to advertise "betta spa" and "betta habitat" and people soak it up like a sponge with dirty water.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:45 AM   #32 
Hahenry22

Thank you for starting this thread! It has made my day! I have two one gallon tanks but haven't wanted to post pics or mention it because of comments I've seen being made to other people. I consider myself a responsible pet owner and do the necessary maintenance. (2 100% water changes a week unless for some reason the levels are off when I test the water.) I have a thermometer in each tank and have been lucky enough to find some heaters that won't boil the fish. So far the heaters haven't been necessary due to warm weather and the light from the hoods giving off a decent amount of heat. I will say that I would NEVER put my bigger fish in them or my really active fish. I have a tiny female in one and a very small male crowntail in the other one. They both eat good and swim in and out of the plants like any happy fish would. Small tanks are certainly not for everyone but someone that is dedicated and tries to be knowledgeable about betta care could easily maintain one and have a thriving fish. I agree with the previous comment about some fish not being able to tolerate large spaces too. I have a veiltail that will lay against the glass all day long in a big tank but swims around and eats regularly in a smaller tank. Know your fish, know your facts and you can give them a great home in any size tank! :)
Hahenry22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #33 
Sena Hansler

Well in this thread, you can share your pictures!! =D Any comments that are rude or directed badly at anyone who posts in this thread, I will bring up to a moderator and have those comments removed. I absolutely refuse to have any negativity in here LOL. So don't be afriad to post :p

That, is the reason I made this thread. I don't want people to leave this forum or "give up" or never ask for help because of something so silly such as a tank size.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #34 
emeraldmaster

Fist i thank you Sena for helping me with solving Red's issues. He and i thank you kindly. Next i would like to point out that all of the tanks here are cute. I am going to get a 1 gallon bowl soon my my little Red, crowntail male, so this was some good encouragement for he dislikes the 29 gallon i have. yes, 29 GALLONS!!! i believe that you can have too little space, aka a cup, but i believe more in too much space. so a shout out to all the little tanks!
emeraldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #35 
Sena Hansler

Haha I had a betta who demanded his 20 gallon, another his 10, another his 3 and another his 1 it's a pain, but worth it for a happy fish.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #36 
cliffordsmom

This thread is fantastic! Going to post pictures of my red VT in his 2 gallon (technically 2.5) later this evening.

Betta fish don't NEED enormous tanks, Clifford is perfectly cozy and happy in his little tank. :)
cliffordsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #37 
cliffordsmom

Here's pictures of Clifford's old set up in his 1g bowl and in his new 2g tank. Excuse the poor quality.
Attached Images

cliffordsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #38 
sandrac8388

Super cute homes!!! a good thing i've noticed about smaller tanks is that you can change up the decor very easily. I have larger tanks and want to change up the decor but some of that stuff is expensive. With smaller tanks you could buy just enough for a change every few months. I have a female betta in treatment right now and this weekend she will go into her new 2.5 gallon home!
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:22 PM   #39 
Creat

Yay Sena for speaking up! The only tank I have under a gallon are for my breeding fish and those are not good looking lol :P I am in love with some of these tanks / bowls <3 The smallest tank I have is my fuval floral, which is I think 6 gals, for reincarnating plants. This makes me wana go get a small tank :)
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #40 
Sena Hansler

Awww the beehive is so cute!! ^^

I left Yahoo! Answers because they were SO rude with "you're a bad owner blah blah" and I would HATE to see this site become like that. :/