Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-18-2012, 01:59 AM   #431 
ravenwinds

+1 Fishyfishy89! A normal aquatic plant that people have propagated or collected will not damage a fish...no aquatic lover who is insanely nuts about fish is going to propagate or collect the "himalayan blackberry " of the aquatic plant world for use in their fish tanks ...I hope that kind of makes sense (you might have to be an Oregonian to get it..)

Like Fishyfishy, I have yet to see a live plant hurt a fish.
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:12 AM   #432 
horsyqueen

Hey,
I agree with the 'It's about water quality not tank size' I do believe you can get too small though. My tank is 15L which is around 3 gallons I think, I was on a site that it was too small to hold anything but a few shrimp. My tank now has had two thriving siamese fighters (not at the same time) and even 3 in at once.
I have even kept underwater newts in a 1.5L tank and they were happy I cleaned them out every day or so.

Small tanks are cute I think and are nice to decorate. The only problem and thing i hate with them is the fact amazon sword plants are too big for the tank and they are my usual first plant for all the tanks.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 AM   #433 
Sena Hansler

I know many dorm people who have 1-3 gallon tanks because of space, but they still want a pet. Some dorms also have a size limitation on aquariums...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #434 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It is strange I have two separate ones and one order is super soft the other is super hard. I don't like the hornwort in my tank it looks ugly but Carter seems to like it.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #435 
ravenwinds

Maybe the "hard" bunch is emersed grown and will change to be softer variety when its leaves become aquatic (shrug :)
Only other reason I can think of is that its "old" came from a failing tank...not enough nutrients....but hornwort is hard to kill so maybe it valiantl attempting to give its best shot at living. I had some cabomba get nearly wiped out when one of tanks bio filter crashed (antibiotics/antiviral...heavy guns brought out kill infection of pet store betta!) And when bio filter crashed, algae and floating plants (duckweed, salvia, and dwarf water lettuce) grew rampant which blocked light, killed many plants but cabomba lived but it's smaller and feels different...coarser. I am hoping that it grow,back tp usual self n,are not weak...and I, ll
Old 11-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #436 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The soft one was soft when I bought it.
Old 11-18-2012, 09:17 AM   #437 
ravenwinds

It would be...they probably ran out the softer submerged bunches so they gave you 1 emersed bunch...it will probably melt a bit and then start growing in its submerged foilage.
Betta do seem to love live forests!
Old 11-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #438 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It was sub,enraged when I bought it and the stores anuibus does not have that problem.
Old 11-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #439 
Kytkattin

It could have been grown emerged before it was at the Petstore.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #440 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That makes sense.