Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #451 
MikeJones

Here is Badi's Home.

This is a 2 gal home. I have had Badi for a week now. I'm just getting back into having Betta's. Let me know what you think.

This is his favorite hiding place

After a week he looks pretty happy to me
MikeJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #452 
madmonahan

I was trying to find where I posted on this thread, (because it came up in user CP) and I found it. I said my Bettas did better in the 2.5 gallons, and not as good in the divided 5. they are both the same amount of water! What I meant to say was divided 10, but I was new and didn't even know what the user CP was! lol
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #453 
jesssan2442

my bettas is in a 1g and has been since i got him (2 weeks ago) but i wanted to have some ghost shrimp or a snail with him so i ordered a 5g from walmart and had it shipped site to store and it came to day but i haven't had the time to pick it up yet so he probably won't be in it until late tonight or friday morning... i probably would have left him in there if i didn't want anything to go with him....
jesssan2442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #454 
ravenwinds

I have 6 males in 1 to 2gallon vases/bowls...as long as water is changed on a regular basis, they seem to do fine...I have live plants in a few that are under grow/daylight spectrum lamps and they're growing like mad! I only have a little bit of gravel/rocks in the larger vases and bowls...you don't want to take up too much of small space with rocks...
I like your betta's home MikeJones, but maybe you could remove some of rocks to give him a bit more space...maybe have only 1inch or so? It's fine the way it is, and he looks supremely happy. :)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #455 
trilobite

Ive got fry growing out in 7-10 litres and my breeding tank is 10 litres (approx 2.5 gallons). And my males are jarred in 2 litres (.5 gallons)
They are all cycled and get water changes pretty much every day.
No deaths, no sickness, fat greedy fry, bubblenests etc so I must be doing something right.
In my opinion as long as their water is warm and clean then they will be happy
trilobite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #456 
Skyewillow

Divided 2.5 (it was better than the alternative issues with my sorority)

Ginger (pink) and Don Quixote's (orange) QT's

Hu's 1.75

Skerries' 1 gal

Diablo's 1 gal

(My phone was being a jerk, so some of these are blurry)
Our bedroom is always upper 70's (you'd be amazed at how much heat computers really put off!) Everyone is healthy (except Don Quixote and Ginger, who were both sick when I got them), and happy.
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #457 
Elsewhere

Wow. These are some gorgeous tanks. I personally would not put my Bettas in those small tanks, just because there's more maintenance and water changes (I don't have the time XD), but those look spectacular! And then there's my aunt- she keeps hers in a vase with a plant growing out the top and he "eats the roots and doesn't need a heater or water changes" -_- But you guys- you're taking great care of your babies and they're looking awesome!
Elsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #458 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsewhere View Post
Wow. These are some gorgeous tanks. I personally would not put my Bettas in those small tanks, just because there's more maintenance and water changes (I don't have the time XD), but those look spectacular! And then there's my aunt- she keeps hers in a vase with a plant growing out the top and he "eats the roots and doesn't need a heater or water changes" -_- But you guys- you're taking great care of your babies and they're looking awesome!
Personally, it's easier to fit a few 1 gals in here than 5 gals for everyone, we quickly run out of room if we even have both 2.5's up at the moment. I don't mind the maintenance, except days where my back is acting up, then I have the fiance to help out (thankfully).

Plus, Don Quixote doesn't do well in anything bigger, the 2.5 was too overwhelming for him. >_>
Old 02-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #459 
ravenwinds

Some bettas just can't handle big spaces...just like you hear about someone else's betta going batty when confined....too bad we can't convince everyone that bettas aren't "just fish with no individuality..." LOL.

Nice tanks Skyewillow! And tell Skerrie that's a great bubble nest :)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #460 
Skyewillow

thanks, Ravenwinds!

And I'll let him know, he's somewhat of a pro at this nest building business ^_~