Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #461 
Lyshymo

I absolutely LOVE this post ^-^
I had actually went out and bought my EE male a 10g after joining this site and heard the, "5g per fish, nothing less!" rant over and over again. I had myself convinced it'd be logical for me to buy the 10g, do 25-30% water changes, etc. and that overall there was better reason to buy the larger tank instead of having the 1.5g. Well, I moved him from his 1.5g to his 10g and by the next morning he was lethargic, lost nearly ALL his color, and just wasn't my happy boy. Needless to say, once he was moved back in his 1.5g he was absolutely content. If he's happy, I'm happy.
Now I'm pending on putting live plants in his tank as the silk plants are getting kind of old(;

I shall post picture momentarily :D

And again, thanks for this post! ^-^
Lyshymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #462 
Lyshymo

Sorry if the quality is poor. It's uploaded from my phone -.-

But this is Ozwald's 1.5g tank(:
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  29.3 KB
Old 02-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #463 
Fishy Mom

This is Mr. Fishy's 2.5g home. It's small enough to keep him in the kitchen where he's the happiest. He loves all the attention & since the kitchen is open to the family room he can watch us when we're hanging out watching tv. If I move him out of the kitchen away from all the action he lays on the bottom of the tank & won't move, lol.
Attached Images

Fishy Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:36 PM   #464 
bettabunny

Oh my I love how all these tanks are setup. Lyshymo I love your tank. That's interesting about the 10g tank vs the 1.5g tank. All of my fish are in at least 1.5g tanks. I've also heard that it's fine to have them gallon tanks as long as they have heat, complete water changed and just taken care of they will be fine.
bettabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #465 
madmonahan

Here is my 1 gallon corner tank.
Please excuse the tv. Lol
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  57.1 KB
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #466 
Lyshymo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettabunny View Post
Oh my I love how all these tanks are setup. Lyshymo I love your tank. That's interesting about the 10g tank vs the 1.5g tank. All of my fish are in at least 1.5g tanks. I've also heard that it's fine to have them gallon tanks as long as they have heat, complete water changed and just taken care of they will be fine.
I have no idea why he didn't like it, but hey, now I can divide it and get two new bettas(; I'm not complaining!

And thank you(:
Old 02-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #467 
Skyewillow

Skerries just got a newer (.75 gal larger) tank. ^_^
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #468 
Syriiven

Kudos Sena! I'm glad someone said it =)

I like giving them more room, but I have smaller tanks for qt.

The main reason bigger tanks are easier is for people with full schedules who can't keep up with water changes - that's really the only real worry with smaller tanks. And heating of course, but done right (as some have accomplished) it's perfectly fine =)

I love seeing everyone's tanks in here ^^
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:47 AM   #469 
ravenwinds

Lyshymo: great tank! Live plants would look great in there and he'll probably love them!

You guys are doing great jobs...you know what I notice when looking at these pics? Clean water! Better than some of the bigger tank pics I've seen...I think the average on this thread is much higher than other threads and sites (like 100%)....clean water, clean tanks, and happy bettas! Any questions? (LOL)
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #470 
Skyewillow

Personally, I let my frog tank slide a lot because of my back, even that 3 gal bucket I use for changes can wrench my back. At least scrubbing down my little ranks, I can lean on the side of the tub. Its a backsaver
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote