Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2012, 06:39 PM   #41 
Creat

I hate the "have to" rules I gets on my nerve if your betta is in a clean, warm, stress-free environment I dont care really where it lives. I was once called a "betta mill" like the throw off of puppy mill cause of the plain gallon containers my breeders live in :(
Creat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 PM   #42 
Sena Hansler

Do people really think breeders have 5 gallon heated tanks for every single betta? That can also be for the fry, which then ranges from 5 tanks to 500 tanks depending on how much you breed! x.x I am getting a room heater, a shelf, and jars. Canning jars But they will be kept clean and healthy because I hate dying or sick fish. :/ Makes me upset and bothered by it!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #43 
madmonahan

Smile

:( who called you that??!!........i'v been looking for this thread for a long time and now I forget what I wanted to ask.....uh......oh yeah! My bettas actually DON'T like it in their 5 G divided tanks :( they started tailbiting and when i left for a week, and got someone else to feed them, they go worse...when i came home one now has velvet and the other finrot :(when they were in the 2.5 they seemed happier. I think I'm going to divide it again....should I? Then I could get more!! :) haha!(if my mom will even let me get anymore!) she keeps saying I have to stop at sometime but I just can't help it!!!! I'v got the betta-bug!!!!!!!! Goodness it's just so hard to stop! I know I have to stop and now I'm going to really try but I dunno....maybe they would be happier in the 2.5 any ideas??? :/
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #44 
Sena Hansler

Try dividing lol. I divided both my 10's. Got two females, and two males in there... The two females could care less, the two males cared for the first day then afterwards gave up xD I match my bettas up to what they want, not what I want lol.

Plus, obviously I will have a lot of anything under "5 gallons" since I now have a successful spawn (she was a delta, apparently not a veiltail -facepalm-) as long as daddy-o does not eat the eggs.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:53 PM   #45 
Creat

Just someone who came to visit and happened upon my fish .... and heating a large room is so much more economical then heating individual tanks lol and I like to think that my betta are happy when they retire they move to larger tanks and weak delta can look a lot like vt same with weak hm looking like delta
Old 10-24-2012, 09:56 PM   #46 
Sena Hansler

My "delta" is a spunky little bugger. Just look at her!! XD I had no choice but to use flash on her just to get a non-trolling picture (I know someone on her mentions their fish trolls the camera. :p)

And no, that cup is not her home she is floating in a divided 10. Once I get a heater she has her 5 gallon. I may need more 2-3s for breeders... >.> I MEAN... (hides post typing from boyfriend) mwaha...
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #47 
Creat

Yeah she aint no vt lol... and HA HA HA my significant other feels the same way should have seen his face when I set up my old drip system in the bedroom XD
Old 10-24-2012, 10:57 PM   #48 
Sena Hansler

Lol! Well his response is usually "and so... How many tanks do we need now?" So I may need to stick to bowls >.> or critter keepers.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:20 PM   #49 
Creat

*Gasp* Under 2.5 gallons!?

Sorry I had to make that comment.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #50 
crowntaillove

I believe that water quality is way more important than tank size. I have a 1 gallon and a 2 gallon. The water is soooo much easier to change than in my ten gallons despite what anyone says. I also have two .5 gallon tanks that aren't currently in use, but when they are their water is very much attended to. I also liked your comment about breeders keeping their bettas in individual 5 gallon tanks, no one can seriously expect anyone to do that for an entire spawn.
crowntaillove is offline   Reply With Quote