Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #501 
love4bettas

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish4coner View Post
I think we are all responsible owners or we wouldn't be here on a board. We wouldn't ask questions, post pictures, etc.
I like the 2 gallon/2.5 gallon ones I get, at Walmart for 4.00. They are tall and wide. There is plenty of room for plants, small heater and plenty of air. I siphon daily, add IAL every water change, which is up to 3 times a week. My bettas aren't fed pellets or flakes, but get frozen or live food. So, I know they are happy. For my "picky" guy, he didn't seem to like his 2 gallon so, I gave him a 3 gallon, which looks like a giant brandy glass. He thrived and immediately loved the size but, heat-wise, it wasn't able to keep a sustainable temp. So, I ended up putting him a 2.5 gallon divided aquarium. That way, the temp was set but, he had the room he wanted in width.
As long as you are caring for your fish, as a loving owner, I think that is all that matters. Also, I have seen many bettas in tiny cups, waiting for sale. I think mine were ecstatic to get into a clean home, with plants and IAL, where natural light could come in (not direct) and still have a place that was clean and they are able to move around quite well.
I wanted to say that I think you are a great mom to your "kids". You sound like me. My bettas don't seem to be bothered with the filters I already have with baffling but I'm the one with the problem. Maybe, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Trouble is I can't stop thinking and playing around on making the filters I have already set up pull in debris. I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping them clean.
love4bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #502 
EmptyYourMindBeFormless

Pretty ghetto, but it is fairly practical, I assure you .

Set this up real quick earlier this week with a spare heater, a dry food container that had a broken lid and a thermometer. Holds 1 gallon of water and with the plate lid (not airtight), temp is at 80-81. With a mesh covering, it is around 77-78. Planning on throwing in a silk plant in there once I can go to the store and buy a new one.

I figure it will act as a quarantine/observation enclosure for my next betta whenever one follows me home, or as a hospital tank should I ever need one.

For now, I just use it as a holding vessel with clean, warm and conditioned water for when I do partial changes. Nothing beats having water ready that is already treated and at temp.

EmptyYourMindBeFormless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #503 
Sena Hansler

Glad to know people are still loving this thread, I found a 2 gallon bowl BTW. Weighs a ton.... And, new fish (who I have been looking at for just under two weeks now... He is a metallic HMPK. First shows the green flecks in the light, the other more natural without the sheen.
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #504 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Beautiful fish and nice home Sena!
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #505 
Sena Hansler

Mr Fishy (lol....) is another one I have for my nephew. If he does not take to the 30, he'll have that bowl and this one will go into the 30 or neither will!! Who knows.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #506 
sassyfriend

Hello all!!!! I have two 2.5 gallons one is empty right now and I have smaller tanks as well. I am so glad you guys are here!!!!!!
sassyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:52 PM   #507 
Sena Hansler

Nice to see another small tank/bowl owner :)
Old 07-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #508 
Starbelly

I have 3 bettas, two are in the hanging betta cubes. One is in a 1 gallon vase. I was contemplating tanks at the pet store when the fish guy said the betta cube would be paradise compared to the cups they keep them in. Seemed logical to me. I did some research later and realized they got dirty too fast. So I do 100% water changes every other day with API stress coat, I let the water sit over night to come to temp as I couldn't safely heat the 1/2 gal. And doing my best to give them the best tiny homes possible. They are all active and healthy!
Starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #509 
CrazyFishDude

I don't have ANY betta of my own, but my stepsister has her female VT, Mystery, in a 2 gallon Aquascene. We always make sure the tank is clean, and she seems to be healthy and happy. I attached a pic of the tank and her swimming around.
Attached Images

CrazyFishDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #510 
Sena Hansler

Yup small tanks get dirty fast!! But with upkeep they can be just as useful as a bigger tank.