Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #511 
cowboy

Good job for starting this thread.
cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #512 
Sena Hansler

I thought it was a good idea.. Mainly because many people left due to bullying... Some people act like Gods... Unfortunately, not everyone believes in a god ;)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #513 
cowboy

I was told by a woman who owns a aquarium store that her betta lived for 6 yrs in a large vase. I decided I would listen to her advice. After all 6 yrs! And 30 yrs in fish business.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #514 
cowboy

I agree. I have two in a one gallon each (one is in a bowl til his treatment is over) and another in a 2 gallon spec.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:39 PM   #515 
cowboy

Iiii
Old 07-11-2013, 09:41 PM   #516 
LittleDeer

I just wanted to say that reading all these posts and seeing all these tanks has convinced me that small tanks are perfectly okay as long as the fish is being cared for properly. I've only been around here for a few months now, but in this community it quickly gets hammered into you that you need huge tanks for Bettas with all kinds of expensive equipment for them to be healthy and happy or you're being cruel, and people will yell at you. As long as your animal is happy and healthy and has enough space to swim around and fulfill all its needs, the tank size doesn't really matter. It makes me feel better about the fact that I accidentally got 2 gallon critter totes instead of 3 gallon critter keepers. They are smaller than what I thought should be the minimum for a Betta, but my girls are perfectly fine in their 2 gallon homes. And there is nothing wrong with that. They have space, plants, a place to hide and feel safe, heaters to keep warm, good food, regular water changes. They have everything they need including my love and attention. So the size of their tank doesn't really matter.

A lot of these set ups look really nice, too, and still have plenty of space for the fish to thrive. I may use some of these ideas at some point. I really like a lot of them, and they would work well for my limited space if I decide I want more Bettas. All my Bettas have their needs fulfilled and are doing well, so I see no reason to avoid getting more just because I can't afford or make room for any more large tanks. As long as I can provide everything the fish need and change their water enough, I can definitely have more happy, healthy Bettas in my limited space.

Thank you guys, and keep it up with the awesome tanks!
LittleDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #517 
RussellTheShihTzu
Reference Team

I'm glad for this thread. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.

There are a lot of kids on this forum. Most are dependent upon an adult for what they can and cannot buy. Before people get all bent out of shape about tank size, equipment, etc., they should think about that. JMO, of course.

I think this thread should be a sticky. Please.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #518 
cowboy

Awesome post! You are right, I'm starting to realize what you so nicely said.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #519 
cowboy

I agree russel.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 AM   #520 
Starbelly

I think Bettas, like humans and any other animal are good at adapting. Give them a safe, clean, organized environment, proper care and love and they will adapt.
Starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote