Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #561 
cowboy

Here's the 2nd reason I'm loving the grass (the 1st is i love the natural look) The guy makes me laugh
Attached Images

cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 PM   #562 
Sena Hansler

Is there any live plants that look like grass?? I like that look.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #563 
cowboy

Well I saw some grassy looking ones but I'm Leary because it was supposedly not fully aquatic. The fake grass I have is made by fluval and is soft. If you don't find any real stuff check out the fluval. I have a sword plant (big mistake grow fast and big) a baby java fern and an Anubis not to mention the silk plant to stem the filter flow. They are doing really well in the tank if that interests you. I'll keep my eye open for real grass.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #564 
FishyFishy89

there are!
But I forgot their names. And they're a real pain in the rear to plant. I'm looking to get some Jungle Vals. They're just HUGE grass!

EDIT: OH! Dwarf Hairgrass!!!

EDIT2: I've heard Micro sword is very grass like

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 07-31-2013 at 12:20 AM.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 AM   #565 
percyfyshshelley

I have dwarf hairgrass and Fishy I agree it's a pain to plant, and every time I vacuum, even if I use a turkey baster, I end up uprooting it. So I gave up and just let it do what it wants, which basically is look messy lol. Might have to check out the fluval fake grass.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #566 
cowboy

The fluval fake grass is pricey (its actually meant for the fluval chi so you will have to his a few rocks in it or whatever so it doesn't float) but it looks pretty real considering and its soft for fish to hide in. To make it look more real I plant the live tiny plants at the grass's edge. You can buy cheaper grass but I would strongley recommend fluval. Another idea but it doesn't do anything for me is I read on here that someone was making flat grass by rolling out a moss ball. Something else to research. With a little care and imagination our little tanks can look just as nice as the big boys just at a fraction of the cost.

Happy fish keeping!

Attached is the tank when I first started. Night and day over two and a half months.
Attached Images

Last edited by cowboy; 07-31-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #567 
Sena Hansler

For the piece of fluval grass it's 7.00 here (depends which store). Similar to fake grass you can get at the dollarstore (depending which kind it can be real soft!)

Dwarf hairgrass? May look it up... Would it attach to driftwood?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM   #568 
itsme

I took my 6.6 gallon bookshelf tank and divided it 3 ways, so a little over 2 gallons. It is a NPT with a heater. I had mesh dividers but my one male kept getting thru so my son made plexi glass ones.

I also have a 2 1/2 gallon NPT

I just set up this 1 gallon, I did not put the heater in yet. This one only has sand, no soil and it is tall, I couldn't get it all in the picture. I am going to put my baby betta in this one. The orange dalmation is just in there until my other 2 1/2 gets planted.

nd
itsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 AM   #569 
cowboy

Beautiful tanks guys!!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #570 
percyfyshshelley

@cowboy, thanks for the info. I've seen that grass for the Chi. I'll check it out.
percyfyshshelley is offline   Reply With Quote