Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #661 
LebronTheBetta

Actually, cycling small tanks are quite easy, as long as you do the right changes. (: It's easier to do a fishless, so I would go to that route.

But I do agree, bigger tanks are easier to maintain.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #662 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Actually, cycling small tanks are quite easy, as long as you do the right changes. (: It's easier to do a fishless, so I would go to that route.

But I do agree, bigger tanks are easier to maintain.
From the experienced fish keepers I speak with, they say the smaller tanks are much more difficult(fishless or not) because there aren't many filters made for tanks smaller than 3 gallons. Tanks that come supplied(or that you can find filters for) are much easier to cycle because the filter holds most of the BB. I had a Tom Internal filter for my 2.5 gallon. I liked it alot and wish it never kicked the bucket. I cannot find it in stores anymore :(
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:25 AM   #663 
RussellTheShihTzu

You can order TOM filters ship to store from Wal-Mart.
RussellTheShihTzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #664 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
From the experienced fish keepers I speak with, they say the smaller tanks are much more difficult(fishless or not) because there aren't many filters made for tanks smaller than 3 gallons. Tanks that come supplied(or that you can find filters for) are much easier to cycle because the filter holds most of the BB. I had a Tom Internal filter for my 2.5 gallon. I liked it alot and wish it never kicked the bucket. I cannot find it in stores anymore :(
Huh.

Why doesn't anyone use sponge filters? Great for colony media, current issues, and it's quiet. I thought they were the best filters; well, for long-finned fish that is.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:47 PM   #665 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LebronTheBetta View Post
Huh.

Why doesn't anyone use sponge filters? Great for colony media, current issues, and it's quiet. I thought they were the best filters; well, for long-finned fish that is.
i thought mine was noiiiisyyyyyy!
i love my azoo for my 1 gallon! being able to plant the hob is a big plus for meeee <3

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #666 
Sokkasmom

Ohhh i love all the tanks in here! and now i dont feel so bad that i have all 3 of mine in "small"tanks. Sokka would probly do better in an even smaller tank than what he is in now, he seams daunted by all the space he has. Where my newest male Arii loves to dahs around his tank watching me walk around, he even flares at the cats. My lil girl Cameino is in a fish bowl and she loves it, constantly swimming and checking things out. so glad there are more people who have bettas in small tanks. Yeah its more work, but its worth it for me. I dont have to spend a lot of time looking for my bettas in a big tank this way.
Sokkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #667 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
i thought mine was noiiiisyyyyyy!
i love my azoo for my 1 gallon! being able to plant the hob is a big plus for meeee <3

Really? I hate having so many brands over one item. (toilet paper for example)

I heard so many good things about the azoo palms, I'm going to buy that soon. ^.^
Old 08-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #668 
Sena Hansler

For sponge filters the Tetra Whisper 10 air pump I find is nice and quiet. However I have heard the larger ones may be more noisy...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #669 
ao
TFK Moderator

I got the whisper ten... used it once, couldnt sleep cos the silly thing was so noisy...and gave it away XD

ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #670 
Sena Hansler

Wow really?! The ones (4..5...6? Lol) I had that were allowed in main rooms were those ones those ones because the old ones (old tetra ones xD) sounded like either beehives or metal clanging against a glass jar of pennies or something. Mine were barely a hum sound. Though as they got older they tended to get a little louder, and less strong.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote