Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #681 
FishyFishy89

I've ordered from Canada and it took FOREVER to get to my home. Granted, it was the holidays. So that probly didn't help either.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #682 
Sena Hansler

I opt for "I hope Big Al's has it and can ship it!" Everything in petsmart I need is usually "In store only" blah... lol. And yeah it does take forever to ship anything (within Canada). USA to Canada is... rather fast. Well, for me it usually is.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #683 
Skyewillow

it takes about 2-3 weeks either way between Syriiven and I. It actually takes less time from the UK to the US
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #684 
BatCakes

As said before, I think it matters mainly about the preference of the betta, and the fact that the owner takes good care of the fish, regardless of size.

It's also about what would count as a "permanent home". If someone knows enough about bettas and keeps them in a 1 gallon, knowing to change the water every day/ every other day, etc, I'd say that's fine. But to most people, I would tell them that a betta NEEDS a heater, cover, and probably at 2.5 gallon tank or bigger, because I'd rather someone be confident a betta will be more happy than this, rather then them think that keeping a betta in a tiny bowl with no heater, and doing water changes once a week is enough, and keep them in that their entire lives.

I've comfortably kept my fish in a 1.5 gallon, and clean the water often and see no problems with this, though since I will have the money/space, I think I might upgrade him to a 3 or a 5, not because I think he NEEDS it, haha.

This is my fish, Ziggy Stardust, in his 1.5 gallon.

BatCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #685 
Sena Hansler

Nice pictures!! :) I agree "need" is the human's way of controlling other human. Sorry, but truly. Though some facts (like heaters) are a true need, a "NEED 5 gallons minimum" is over the top.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #686 
Sokkasmom

This is arii's tank. It's a 1 gal and he loves it.
Attached Images

Sokkasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #687 
ANHEL123

just decided to updated the thread ...Observing all my fishy i came to conclusion that my 3 bettas in one gall tanks are happier then others in 2.5 gall tanks. I do full water changes about every 6 days for one gallons tank and they live long and happy lives. At the same time i had my 3.5 years old in 2.5 gall with fin rot, with the same water changes And my 4 years old died of dropsy a month ago . And my 2.5 y old(5 gall tank) is severely bloated right now. Btw way my oldest betta(5.4 y old ) lives in one gall

Last edited by ANHEL123; 12-03-2013 at 01:27 PM.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #688 
finn17

Sorry about your 4 year old
Besides doing full water changes every 6 days, how many 50%s do you do?
finn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #689 
dramaqueen
Banned

My oldest lived in a 1.5 gallon before I had to give him up. He was 4 years old.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #690 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANHEL123 View Post
just decided to updated the thread ...Observing all my fishy i came to conclusion that my 3 bettas in one gall tanks are happier then others in 2.5 gall tanks. I do full water changes about every 6 days for one gallons tank and they live long and happy lives. At the same time i had my 3.5 years old in 2.5 gall with fin rot, with the same water changes And my 4 years old died of dropsy a month ago . And my 2.5 y old(5 gall tank) is severely bloated right now. Btw way my oldest betta(5.4 y old ) lives in one gall
I think this is an important post. I have betta in tanks ranging from 1g to 30g. Properly cared for a betta can do very well in small containers. Some of my fish prefer small spaces others do better in 10g. My sister in law has a betta in a vase that is almost 5 years old. I do not recommend vases but to say its cruel is a reach and I quit bugging her about it because her fish hated the 10g I gave her.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote