Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #771 
Tree

My 1.5 gallon tank. I upgraded her light. the light was not strong enough for my plants.

Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:45 PM   #772 
Sabina88

I love how the tank looks :)
Is that a snail in the bottom center?
Also do those moss balls actually work?
Sabina88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #773 
Tree

thanks =) I had to Modify the crap out of that tank though. the filter and light it came with was connected. had to pull the whole thing apart to get perfect for my liking. luckily it was under 20 bucks. XD

yeah its a nerite snail, but he is not doing so hot after I made the tank a NPT. I had a high ammonia spike and had to do an emergency water change. =( I hope he will be ok.

I like the moss balls, and yeah they are a fun and easy plant. they grow slow and need low light. you just have to turn them around time to time and squeeze them out like a sponge filter at times. =)
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 PM   #774 
ANHEL123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabina88 View Post
Im really glad I just found this thread. I agree, that its not so much the size it more the care of the fish and water quality.
For me in my personal opinion I wouldn't go lower then a 1 gallon, and for 1g bowls I would stick to PK's since it would probably be esier to move. But that just me. Looking this thread ive seen people make bowls look awesome with how they set it up.
In the case of small small tanks, I went to my nephews Bday party at his moms house, and she had decided to get a betta fish for him. They got him one of those sponge bob tanks or at least one of the ones that are less then .5g. No heater, no thermometer, just a blue veiltail betta. It was pretty clear he wasn't happy, he just kind of hung out there, like you see the beta's do at the petstores. I think a problem to was that the width of the tank wasn't much longer them him. I think that's the big difference in having small tanks. Ive seen peoples pics and its clear that they love and take good care of their bettas and make the best of it.
I personaly have 2 different betta tanks on the larger and smaller spectrum. I have my 40 gallon tank that I decided to make a sorority tank after my fancy goldfish's got ich and non of them survived :( (but all my girls are doing well and are little pigies, if I remember correctly ive had them for about 2 months)
I also have a 2 gallon for my male betta Hale. His house has a heater but no filter. I tried one and it was to strong and it didn't work. Hale also has relatively long heavy fins so he doesn't move around to much. Ive had him for a week now and for the past 4 days he has made a bubble nest every day. (sorry for my really long post)

I plan on getting some sand for the tank soon, but here's what it looks like:
Attachment 292553

One of Hales bubble nests
Attachment 292561

And my little monster Hale
Attachment 292569
Sabina i absolutely love your tank! All my tanks actually without filters and it is absolutely fine as long as you do right water changes:)
And i agree that anything less then a gall is too small but betta will not die because of the tank size. If your nephew's betta didn't survive then he probobly was sick to begin with.
ANHEL123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #775 
Sabina88

Thank you very much Anhel123

As far as my nephews betta, I don't think it was sick persay more like if you put a human in a room with nothing in it and that was its home, it would get board and just not be happy. I actually wanted something to happen to the tank while I was there so I could offer to take him in I felt really bad for him. I don't know if he's alive still or not, I havent heard anything.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #776 
ANHEL123

well if he is alive just give him advice to change the water often. You can also give him idea that he would much happier in the bigger tank. You don't have to say anything negative , just say that he would love a bigger tank:)
Old 02-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #777 
Sabina88

Well unfortunetly its one of those complicated family situations, and hes only about 5 so it more of his mom taking care of the fish, and I wasn't in the position to say anything because of the situation.
I hope he is ok though
Old 02-10-2014, 03:58 PM   #778 
ANHEL123

Hopefully mom love that poor betta and take a good care of him. When i had my first betta i didn't know anything ,and never had fish in my life. It was about 8 years ago and i still have them:)
Old 02-11-2014, 01:02 AM   #779 
Weaver

Tomorrow, I shall post pictures of Kasper's Marineland 2.5gal tank. He is spoiled rotten because he gets a fancy-schmancy mini-heater (Archea) and lots of new plants to scoot along. I'm actually tempted to turn off filtration every other day just because it's impeding his fin-regrowth (tail-biting and fin-rot) faster.

Y'know where his favorite place to hang out is? In his homemade plastic-canvas tube. Plants will soon be growing like crazy and he's gonna love his little garden-haven tank even more.

This is honestly, my favorite tank for Bettas now. It's well-priced, easy to place, has nice foot-space, and is just dandy. My only problem with my tank is that the glass lid doesn't sit on the tank top nicely with the cords from heater and filter there. Oh well.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #780 
Weaver

Kaspers' 2.5 gal (as I mentioned above) with the roobios-tannins. He really shines and OH GOSH MY GLASS IS DIRTY. I am so sorry... I had the light on and I forgot to windex the front too.

Anyway, there it is. And with the little stinker shining to the side too.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote