Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-12-2014, 12:44 AM   #781 
Taeanna
Reference Team

hes just...appearing out of the dark water.... I can hear the jaws theme in my mind!
Taeanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:25 AM   #782 
Weaver

@Taeanna: Heehee! I know! I love the tannin-water simply because his iridescence really shines through.
Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:42 PM   #783 
Valentino14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
the longer Im on here the more I notice that people with big fancy tanks have just as many (if not more) issues that those of us with smaller tanks. Im all for giving them room to swim but it really is more about quality than quantity I think
I could not agree more! I have never had a full tank for any of my bettas and theyve all lived long lives. Besides one that the cat drank all of the water out of the bowl before knocking it over :(
As long as the fish is happy, what does it matter? People often forget that they need to get to the surface to breathe, but they arent strong swimmers!! Tall tanks can be just as cruel as teeny tiny bowls
Valentino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:59 PM   #784 
kylamarie

These are my three 1 gallons that i have that i've been so afraid to use because of people freaking out about them.
Seeing how well everyone else is doing with 1 gals, i think i might try it out. :)Name:  IMG_6535[1].jpg
Views: 371
Size:  74.7 KB
kylamarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:30 PM   #785 
DBanana

I found a mini-heater at Petsmart so feel a lot more comfortable making a mini-tank my hospital tank. Having killed my first betta (when I was 9) by cranking up the water heater I'm always really cautious now about temperature control.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/inde...B-A9EDF62CF761
DBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:26 PM   #786 
FishyFishy89

I hate the heaters that have no temp control. I worry about overheating and underheating.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #787 
Weaver

Eh... those wall-hanging ones are tricky. You have to place em somewhere without drafts, not in direct view of sunlight... I wouldn't use em personally. They look like a pain to clean and a female, a short-fin male, or an athletic long-fin male may jump right out. Too many variables to worry about with those.

The little corner one looks lovely though! I'd return the wall-hangers and get two more of the corner tanks. Good luck and I cannot wait to see how your tanks look all set up!
Old 02-12-2014, 07:28 PM   #788 
Weaver

@FishyFishy89: Agreed! I could not stand the bulky-big TopFin heater I had so I splurged and bought a little Archea Mini Heater (25w) off of the ADA site. It was 28 and s+h but it's so tiny and unobtrusive. Also, it works wonderfully.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:19 PM   #789 
Twilight Bettas

Smile

Here are my tanks...my family and I have a very small apartment so for now everyone is in 1 gallon tanks except my girls are in a 5 gallon...and my goldfish are in a 10 gallon.
Diego our first is in a corner tank. I have to get him another plant though I had another one in there and it tore his fin so he's getting another silky plant. Everyone has hiding areas and heaters and lights.

Spock...a.k.a. Valentine But my daughter watched startrek and renamed him Spock...we have only had him bout 2 weeks...lol

My Girls Storm....Elsa and Ana ( a.k.a Rain....my daughter renamed her too lol, she's 3 1/2) Also homes 3 ghost shrimp Larry, Curly and moe and 2 baby Cory catfish Spot & Blink

Right now I have Vudu the baby and Echo that technically belong to my work....waiting on approval for new tanks in exam rooms..so I have had Vudu since 6 wks and Echo since I picked him up at store for the clinic.....here are there tanks

Leviathian, Phoenix and Tobias are the other fish. I care for at work. They all have 2 gallon vases. With silk planted etc. Working on getting real plants for each tank. Lights are on most of the day there and heat is always high...its a vet clinic...I dont have photos of there tanks though.

Last edited by Twilight Bettas; 02-12-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Twilight Bettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:54 PM   #790 
Valentino14

I just bought this one from petsmart... Valentino thanked me with a bubble nest the first night I got him!
Valentino14 is offline   Reply With Quote