Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #51 
Maddybelle

Unfortunately, I had to pull Quasar from the fry tank tonight. He was chasing the babies a bit too much for my liking, and was determined to make the shrimpies into dinner. Luckily, I was able to get some nice pics while he was flaring at Solstice.

My boy's done some growing up in the last 3 weeks!
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #52 
ravenwinds

Very nice pics! He is gorgeous...such nice clean lines and wow! on the fins...so nice and even! He does look like he has grown, filled out more. I just can't get over how huge and even is fins are! Nice to see an anal Fin that has remained in proportion to rest of fins and that isn't noticeably darker in color than other fins. Lately, on aquabid, the anal fin is all I notice as it's so much longer; it not only sweeps the floor, the anal fins has grown an extra couple of centimeters past the bottom edge of caudal fin. And it's so dark; for example, if the betta is marked as a lavender salamander HM, the body is pale lavender, the dorsal, caudal, and ventral fins look like a blue over red that has been whitewashed, but the anal fin is dark purple or dark blue over red.
That stinks that you had to pull him out...at least you got to see what a great dad he was!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #53 
Maddybelle

Yeah, I've noticed the crazy anals on AB, too! Even the females seem to have that problem. I'm so glad I found this guy, and then spent weeks looking on AB 3 times a day for a female that would work.

Even Karen Macauley said she liked him, so I must be on to something! LOL. Just goes to show that there are little gems just sitting on store shelves, you just have to find them.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:39 PM   #54 
Maddybelle

If anyone is interested in a baby or two (or more), PM me. They'll be very reasonably priced, since dad's genes are such an unknown.

These guys will be 3 weeks old Wednesday. They're so cute! I can see their little anal fins now.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #55 
Sena Hansler

I wish I could have some of your fry Dad is beautiful!

And I know what you mean about gems. I love my Candy (crowntail female) but I need to find a male crowntail with a LOT better finnage, to counteract hers.

And yes, since you are on my spawn thread, I am on yours :p
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 PM   #56 
Maddybelle

LOL, Sena. I wish shipping to Canada wasn't so darn hard. I'd have to ship Express to avoid the poor things sitting in a box for 10 days, and that costs about $50.

I think folks have just gottem too wrapped up in the pet store fish predjudice. If you know what to look for, you can find some very nice fish.

You are always welcome on my spawn thread! =D
Old 11-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #57 
Maddybelle

By some miracle of the fishy gods, my walter worm culture is back with a vengeance! So, who can guess what the fry had for dinner, LOL. The sides of the culture container are still covered in a solid mass of worms, even after I fed the kids until there were a few I was sure would pop!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #58 
Sena Hansler

I know. I had a hard time with shipping within Canada - let alone across the border... Which is why I don't have AB fishies.

LOL bettas are piggies even at that age.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 PM   #59 
Maddybelle

If I wasn't on the other side of the continent, I'd bring you a pair!

I swear I have Tardis fish - bigger on the inside. How do these tiny fry fit so much food into their tummies!?! Luckily I have a now overflowing worm culture, 1/4 lb of golden pearls, and my jar of instant BBS which is deceptively small. I try to keep food in front of them almost all the time. A tricky balance to keep between not enough and way too much.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 AM   #60 
Maddybelle

Well, Tiny has been back with his brothers and sisters for an entire day. I've seen him twice, and he seems to be eating. He's very good at hiding, and seems to be very determined to make it.

Staccato Mamba continues to be very cute and very large. I think I see the very beginnings of some red/orange color on him, but maybe that's just wishful thinking and the fact that its 2 am here.

Tags
perry the platypus, was here