Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #61 
ravenwinds

A couple my babies are showing their mom's iridescence heritage already...she's the yellow platinum dragon cousin of your mama. Of course, dad has it too...turquoise as he is!
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #62 
Sena Hansler

Can't wait to see them when they are older!!!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:23 AM   #63 
Maddybelle

3.5 weeks - I tried to get some pictures today, but my cellphone camera just will not cooperate. Tiny is still tiny, but eating and he seems to be growing. Stacato Mamba is still a little piggy. I bought a tub of earthworms for my frog, Spot, and got some lovely little whiteworms in there as well, so the babies got a couple of those for dinner. They are a pain in the butt to harvest, though! It was so funny, the smaller babies were the ones going after the biggest worms. How can such a tiny little fish fit such a bit worm inside? Still no color. I'm starting to wonder if I got a spawn of 75+ cellophanes!

Last edited by Maddybelle; 11-17-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:38 AM   #64 
Sena Hansler

I fed some of my largest thawed bloodworms so I know what you mean about the little fellas snacking on the biggest worms maybe you did get cellophone? This'll be interesting!!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #65 
Maddybelle

So its day 24, and I'm just now starting to see a little bit of color on my biggest fry. Looks kinda orangey-red, so yay! And some of the bigger ones are breathing air!
Old 11-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #66 
ravenwinds

It is so cool to watch them turn into bettas! Yay, some orange color and starting air breathe!

I was on aquabid last couple of days...seller Blimp33 had some yellows and oranges...one looked just like Quazar (sp?), your spawn's daddy! And another one was a more saturated, brighter orange (not as bright as bettascapes newest acquisitions)...I wanted him so bad...but I was a good girl and didn't buy him....though I still wish I did :(
Old 11-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #67 
Sena Hansler

Awesome to hear! Kinda neat our spawns are close together too :)
Old 11-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #68 
Maddybelle

Ravenwinds - I saw Blimp's gorgeouse boys: I'm thinking of getting one to outcross to.

The babies seem larger every time I turn around! They had cyclops for dinner last night. Most just spit it out, but I think they'll like them once they get used to them. I'm now feeding walter worms, instant BBS, golden pearls, whiteworms, cyclops, and vinegar eels when I feel up to messing with them.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #69 
ravenwinds

Your babies should get huge on such a diverse diet! :)
Mine get banana worms, vinegar eels, golden pearls...that's about it unless they're still picking through the infusoria. I've been thinking of starting daphnia but haven't wanted to go through what seems like a hassle...having a home for them and growing green water as well...but one of the live food guys on aquabid, who lives in Oregon as well, described his setup for daphnia etc...he uses a bucket. Anyway, after reading his information, I am getting closer to choosing to do it :)
Wouldn't Cyclops have a similar set-up? How do you raise them?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:10 AM   #70 
Maddybelle

I use frozen cyclops, actually. I've wanted to try raising daphnia as well, but all my usable tanks/containers and equipment are currently in use, and I'm out of funds at the moment. My outdoor snail breeding tubs are full of greenwater, so no problem there!
My babies have noticeably colored up since last night - seeing what looks to me to be red, orange, and possibly faint yellow. I was worried because they seemed to be falling behind the growth curve last week, but I think I've got them bach on track, maybe a little bit ahead again.

Tags
perry the platypus, was here