Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2012, 05:44 PM   #1 
Connierodz

Exclamation I know its a betta forum..my goldfish need help!

I just noticed today my goldfish is losing scales..he is eating and swimming perfectly..i know there is a decoration that could have cause this..but im not sure really! So if it would be a fungus or bacterial...should i take the healthy fish out and cure the sick..or leave the sick in the tank...( i have two) i cant even tell if he really is missing scales..i only see patches of a different color..like pink..i really dont now what to do..someone please help!!
Connierodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #2 
Kytkattin

How big is the tank? Is it filtered? How often do you do water changes? How many inches is each goldfish in the tank? It sounds like a bacteria infection to me. A variation of fin rot/scale rot/mouth rot. It happened to a koi fish my mom had. It was a good two feet of fish in a 200 gallon pond with too many other large fish. We were able to save it with some pretty intense daily injections and more space, but twas not for the faint of heart! There are cures, but the cures won't work if the tank is too small.
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #3 
kfish

You can also try asking at the parent site of this website, which covers all fish species. This is the forum for fish like gold fish: http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/c...ds-atherinids/

Your issue probably has to do with water quality, however, as gold fish are extremely messy fish and need a large tank and lots of water changes.
kfish is online now   Reply With Quote