Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #1 
LugiaChan

Smile Hybrid Delta/Veil Tail (blue)Trade/Sale WANT: company loving betta, good natured.

Hi there, I have up for offers a Hybrid Delta/Veil tail i'd love to trade with, or sell if I have to.

Rescue from Meijers, had major fin damage from living in such a small area.

He always nipped at his tail for no reason explained by myself thus far, he needs a person with more experience with betta. I had him in a 10 gallon tank with a heater and a filter and I don't feel i'm experienced enough to take care of his needs. I gave him a ton of plants, sand (he likes sand but doesn't mind gravel), but with a 10 gallon tank he chases an invisible fish around all day. I moved him to a 3.64 gallon and he does the same thing. I owned a betta before this one who did not chase the walls like this around all day. It stressed this buddy out a lot I believe. He is right now having this issue again and is ripping his fins so I added in aquarium salt and indian oak leaf solution. I would love this guy to have a better home or for someone to figure out what it is that is bothering him.

Photos of him

Video of him: will be posted very soon, especially if requested~!

WHAT I WANT: I would love a betta fish who is not shy in personality. A fish that probably likes hearing my voice, who doesn't do strange and random occurrences such as this. A fish that'd love human company if i'm around it. I don't care what kind it really is, i'd love to see photos and videos are almost a requirement. I am huge on fish personality and my best friend was a betta fish before I had this betta :) I don't mind one with a lot of personality, I just really would love a brand new best friend right now, this guy's causing me a lot of stress too, Lol. I'm excited to see what's out there!!!! Please help! :D

I dont like:
Red (if its all red)
White with dark speckles
I will like probably everything else! Personality is the key :D

Want to combine shipping?
Other stuff I have

Top Fin White Gravel http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_1810.jpg
Seashells http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_1860.jpg
Black Gravel http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_1865.jpg
Brown natural looking gravel http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_2454.jpg
Rocks and small piece of Driftwood http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_1867.jpg
Random stones http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...IMG_1885_2.jpg
Random stones natural http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_1888.jpg

Accessories: filters, huge heater, other http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/IMG_2450.jpg

Last edited by LugiaChan; 10-25-2012 at 03:09 AM.
LugiaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:13 AM   #2 
LugiaChan

Not looking for ''all black'' bettas ! :D sorry forgot to add. I'm not a racists <.< hehe just not a fan of all black I like some pretty colors ^^
Old 10-25-2012, 06:14 AM   #3 
LugiaChan

:( someone reply.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #4 
Laki

I think if you're not prepared to give this fish the attention it needs then another one will be a problem. Sorry, not to rain on your parade, please don't give up on this fish. Sure they don't look as nice when they bite their tails and act shy. put a light in the tank and he cannot see his reflection on the glass, those plastic plants might also be replaced in turn for some softer silk ones. You'll see, he will come a long way. My VT (avatar) used to bite his tail and he was shy when I got him too. Give them time :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:10 AM   #5 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
I think if you're not prepared to give this fish the attention it needs then another one will be a problem. Sorry, not to rain on your parade, please don't give up on this fish. Sure they don't look as nice when they bite their tails and act shy. put a light in the tank and he cannot see his reflection on the glass, those plastic plants might also be replaced in turn for some softer silk ones. You'll see, he will come a long way. My VT (avatar) used to bite his tail and he was shy when I got him too. Give them time :)
I never had a problem with my fish I had before this one.... I wasn't looking to get a second fish, only wanting to sell this one and replace him. I want to at least be sure his fins grow back before trading him. I used to have a light back when he had a ten gallon with silk plants but the same thing happened even more often than now. -_- the plants were a huge major issue and I can no longer care for plants anymore.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:10 AM   #6 
Laki

lol I don't understand the replacing of the fish but I'm not here to argue. Good luck.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:15 PM   #7 
LadyVictorian

You don't need to care for silk plants they are not real :/

Also the black outline makes me think he has fin rot. How often do you clean the tank?

Also it looks like you don't have enough plants in the tank, a 10 gallon tank needs at least 8 plants and a cave sort of environment to hide. Wide open spaces like the one you had with your last fish causes high levels of stress and can even make a fish ill or die which might have been the mysteriousness reason your last guy died. Also diet, what brand do you feed him and how often?

Last edited by LadyVictorian; 10-25-2012 at 02:17 PM.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #8 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
You don't need to care for silk plants they are not real :/

Also the black outline makes me think he has fin rot. How often do you clean the tank?

Also it looks like you don't have enough plants in the tank, a 10 gallon tank needs at least 8 plants and a cave sort of environment to hide. Wide open spaces like the one you had with your last fish causes high levels of stress and can even make a fish ill or die which might have been the mysteriousness reason your last guy died. Also diet, what brand do you feed him and how often?
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...yy-d5ickmt.png

This is my current set up and I own sand instead of gravel right now. It's a 3.64 gallon, I own a couple more plants I can add in if that will help at all.

I feed him NFS pellets, omega one freeze dried brine shrimp, pellets for betta, flakes for betta and once a week a couple pieces of freeze dried bloodworm. I feed 4-6 pellets sized pieces of one or a few selection all together a day and a day a week of not feeding. No more than 5-6 pellet sized daily (all together if I choose two things that day).
Old 10-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #9 
ao
TFK Moderator

Luigia Chan. Try downgrading the tank. maybe to a 2.5 gallon. get some silk plants....
transfer the filter over...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:21 PM   #10 
LugiaChan

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Luigia Chan. Try downgrading the tank. maybe to a 2.5 gallon. get some silk plants....
transfer the filter over...
Why would I downgrade? Im looking to upgrade to a 5 gal XD XD It doesnt make sense o_o