betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:46 PM   #11 
Creat

*Follow* yeah she isnt a vt... the more I see her the less I think she is
Old 10-25-2012, 02:04 AM   #12 
ao
TFK Moderator

oO if the female isnt HM or CT it is likely she is VT are you able to take note of how many rays she has?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #13 
Sena Hansler

I can try to check! :) Her odd coloration on her caudal makes it awfully hard to tell so I took pictures and checked.

AS for the spawn... HE is NOT an egg eater!! Hoorah! Woke up this morning, turned on the lights and the poor daddy saw his eggs on the bottom of the tank, He hastily grabbed every single one (even checked the moss) and there is a group of them in the nest which I got a picture of. Eye-spy - can you see them? :)
Attached Images

Last edited by Sena Hansler; 10-25-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #14 
Sena Hansler

I got some pictures, and cropped to show the caudal. I think I saw double? I have never dealt with female DT geno, or any geno. :/ I have only had combtail, veiltail, and plakat! And their caudals speak for themselves
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2012, 09:36 AM   #15 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Yay definately subscribed! Wow the females colors really came out! You should totally breed her to your dt because I would so take a baby!
Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #16 
Sena Hansler

Haha I would keep one myself! The dragonscale male Ares is doing great, definitely a doting daddy. I am debating removing him when the fry are hatched, mainly because I am not wanting to risk a baby eater I don't know yet! When I come home, I'll check on him again. I hate work ;( LOL! BUT they cut my hours so I guess it is not so bad in a way... I get to be home to feed and clean my fry tank :)

And yes her colors really came out! It would be neat, to see Mickey (doubletail) and Janey (doubletail geno?) breed, and the color would be interesting. Hopefully he is aggressive enough to take her on
Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 AM   #17 
ao
TFK Moderator

too blurry XD but I'll say a Vt for now, as i dont see any branching beyonf the secondary :D
Old 10-25-2012, 10:18 AM   #18 
Sena Hansler

:/ Here are the actual photos. I think the flash may have hindered but otherwise there would be no way to get a picture.
Attached Images

Old 10-25-2012, 12:05 PM   #19 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Glad to here daddy is behaving himself lol! I am so close to being ready for my spawn and finally have money to spend untill I'm in dept again lol! I love the females new colors so nice!!! Keep us updated in the meantime I am browsing the web for breeders lol it is entertaining! Can't wait to here what happens!!!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM   #20 
Sena Hansler

I expect (since they were close yesterday morning) I will have hatched babies tonight when I get home =D at the latest, early morning. AND I am off for the next two days as well. Today I get 20.00 so I may pop into the second hand store to check if they have aquarium heaters and/or tanks... Since a couple tanks are under quarantine until I do a thorough clean.
Closed Thread

Tags
#duckface, doubletail geno, dragonscale, halfmoon, spawn