Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #221 
Sena Hansler

well that is good. The one I went to for my sorority ladies asked if I had enough bowls since they can never ever be together. At least she tried.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #222 
bryanacute

I said "I am an experienced owner for only being so young. I an take care if these fish better then you people can with your dying bettas."
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #223 
Sena Hansler

Good reply. One of these days, I will actually go to that terrible PJ'S PETS in West Edmonton Mall and have a voice recording of the conversation between me (playing the dumb naive woman who apparently wants to get a fish for a 1/2 gallon tank that divides for two, for her three year old daughter) and the associate (who wont know who I am or if I am lying) SO tempted.

They are kind of another reason why I am breeding. I am bringing healthy, hardy, and decent quality bettas to the people!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #224 
bryanacute

I need help breeding. I want to breed him and a combodian VT. Mom says I can. I just need help.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #225 
Maddybelle

Yep, it really is amazing what you can find at pet stores these days. I found my boy, Quasar, at petco. I'd send him to a show in a heartbeat, if I could. His babies are 6 weeks old today. Hopefully there's a future Best In Show wiggling around in the growout!

Luckily, my LFS is very open to learning. I go in there at least once a week and hold "fish class" for the customers and employees, LOL.
I wouldn't breed him to a cambo VT, unless she's one you just HAVE to breed. I'd find him a nice black orchid, dragon, or metallic HM girl.

Last edited by Maddybelle; 12-05-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #226 
Sena Hansler

Well, bryanacute I'll pm you :)

Maddy, that is definitely a keeper too! Mickey was actually from the store here. I intend to breed him with my DT geno lady - who obviously has super fertile eggs (233 babies later...) He has red, turquoise and black spots/streaks through his finnage, which he gets more intensely during conditioning (I feed my bettas too well )
Attached Images

Old 12-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #227 
bryanacute

Thanks Sena
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #228 
Sena Hansler

No problem ^_^
Old 12-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #229 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Sena you went to PJ's Pets? I agree that place is horrid there was a gorgeous little ct male who had so much fin rot he couldn't swim properly and was stuck between plants I watched him struggle then stuck my hand in the tank and freed him the guy saw me and got really mad for putting my hand in the tank and watched me the whole rest of the time.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #230 
Sena Hansler

Yes, they suck. My boyfriend wanted to see how bad they really were.... Here are two pictures to prove my point that pet stores are terrible places. THESE pictures is all the more encouragement to bring properly raised and healthy bettas.

One female was dead, one dying, the other had columnaris, and the other was sulking in the back with barely any fins left. And YES that is a hole in her back. Where her dorsal aught to be. I was so sad for those fish... The bubblegum machine thingy is a death trap. Barely half a gallon, and never cleaned. Is that any way to showcase a fish? To TREAT a fish?! When I show my fish off, their tanks are cleaned, they are healthy, warm and responsive to movement and food. not... THAT. -end rant-
Attached Images

Closed Thread

Tags
#duckface, doubletail geno, dragonscale, halfmoon, spawn