Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #71 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

OOO!! I want to see how that spawn goes!!! Payday is coming up Then I will be able to buy the rest of the stuff I need!! Definately doing a spawn log!
Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #72 
Sena Hansler

Yay!! Which ones are you breeding? You still need to get down to Big Al's That is where my 30.00 Ares is from lol. And worth every cent :) I still need a crowntail male for my marble lady, but have yet to find the right color I desire - or the finnage that is not so awfully messy.
Old 11-04-2012, 10:36 AM   #73 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Well I currently have 3 more 10 gals not being used so I will most likely pick up new fish from big als. One tank will need to be vacant for spawning lol I will most likely get up to four new fish maybe one or two from bettafx. I will most likely be dividing the 10 gals. I don't want to breed Magic and if Calypso has deformities than I will need new fish. Mad at pet smart right now because went in there yesterday and saw 4 babies it was so sad!
Old 11-05-2012, 10:05 AM   #74 
Sena Hansler

So, I have found another dead, which is expected. I have removed two runts, and one bouyancy-issue fella into the other 10 gallon (heated and filled with less water as the main spawn tank). When I am able to, I will search for more of the smaller ones and put them into that tank, and let the larger fellas have the rule of the tank.

Awesome - well, if we can get Bettafx to hold for 2 weeks I'll split shipping costs with you
Old 11-05-2012, 05:09 PM   #75 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

I was thinking that too instead of culling the little guys moving them into into a different tank. I will ask Bettafx if h can hold the bettas untill two weeks from now.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #76 
Sena Hansler

He said he would - usually doesn't but he will :D which means ill have another pair LOL.

And yes, I like to have my "culls" give a chance to survive. In a week I will had a shelf ready for jars (and I'll have jars too) plus a few more tanks :)I'm hoping. To also separate any divided tank bettas.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:45 AM   #77 
Sena Hansler

So, I did a larger scale cleaning since my fry are strong and healthy. (FYI chasing down baby fish who are stubborn, is very hard.) I caught over all 115 baby fish, and looking in the tank there was bound to be more than 50 more x.x So all in all, over 150 fry! Who knew?

I found one more dead, which to me this fella had a bent spine. I had to separate half (give or take ) into the other 10, and the rest remained in the original tank.

The picture taken was in the other tank, of one cheeky baby - and I got the camera to focus on the thermometer that was about the same distance as the fry, to focus on the fry LOL. :)
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2012, 01:37 PM   #78 
Sena Hansler

Here are some more pictures! In some of them you can just barely see their caudals :)
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #79 
Sena Hansler

One deformed baby

Tank #2:

This little fella caught my eye. I had captured a picture before not knowing, and deleted it because I thought the picture was wonky... Actually, it wasn't. Found this one chilling in the front... He/she swims just fine, so I'll keep an eye out for our bent spine fella, to make sure he/she gets food and such. If this one does survive, I will keep or rehome to someone on here.

Doesn't seem to be suffering, does eat, and is responsive to movement. :)
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #80 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

So cute! I love the poor deformed guy! Can't wait for the new hmpk!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
#duckface, doubletail geno, dragonscale, halfmoon, spawn