Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #21 
RedRaz

@ChoclateBetta Thanks! Oh yeah. I would love to see your tank as well. :)

@BeautifulBetta123 Oh I appreciate that! Yes I was warned by many about those snails. I do think they are cute but not in my tank, lol! Hopefully you can get rid of them soon. I just found three more in my tank. I named them The Cream: Eric, Ginger and Jack! :D

@ForbiddenSecrets Oh thank you! Yes I'm sure my PK will love the 10 gal. He is a bit too big for his 2.5 gal at the moment. It will be an upgrade to a mansion, lol!
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM   #22 
megaredize

i also have some of those but only in my 5 gallon spec tank so everytime i see one on the glass i take it out. i have no love for snails lol might be harsh but i dont really like them period even those that aren't pond snails. Plus my betta has no interest in them so i have to manage them myself
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I dont know how to use a camera and if you get a snail problem assasin snails are great really like your tank.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #24 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

Once you are done pulling them out you won't be able to name them all lol. The two I have pulled out of my npt are in a cup one of my bettas came in. I named the big one minny and the little on crusher lol! I had a 29 gal community tank. I got plants for it and there was one pond snail I named him todd lol all his little babies were also named todd but I got sick of him very fast lol.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

If you wanted pygmy cories work in a 10.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #26 
RedRaz

@megaredize I can totally understand, lol! They can be pesky. ;) Too bad your betta doesn't like them. :D I think my betta would eat them all up! Eeekkk...so I want to get rid of as many as I can.

@ChoclateBetta No worries! I'm sure your tank looks great. ;) Oh that is a good idea. Assassin snail is what I will definitely get if I cannot get rid of the snails soon. Thanks on the suggestion. I might look into the cories as well. :)

@BeautifulBetta123 LOL! That is so true! I like your snail names. Very cute. :)
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #27 
RedRaz

Here are A LOT more pictures of my planted tanks. :)

My 1 gal tank with Anacharis and IAL. That little red cutie swimming is my new HMPK Ginger B. He is pretty small but adorable. :) I bought him from Mo.

My 5 gal tank I just received in the mail today. *yay* It took forever to set up and then realized after all that my light bulb was damaged in shipment. *Errrrr* Oh well I guess it could of been worse. The plants in this tank are moneywort, mondo grass and I can't remember the last plant. I also bought hornwort BUT that has snail so it's been in QT. Hopefully I can add it soon.

Oh and the marbled PK is Babe. He is the one going in the 10 gal tank. Ginger HMPK is going in the 5 gal tank and my Rosie will go into the 2.5 gal tank. She is a tiny crowntail gal. ;)
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2012, 08:54 PM   #28 
moonsand0wls

Assasin snails are great for getting rid of pond snails :) Or even when your Betta gets hungry he might eat them. I love your planted tank it is SO pretty! Beautiful. Be sure to post pictures once it's decorated fully :D
moonsand0wls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:48 AM   #29 
Aus

Very pretty! Do keep us updated.

I notice that broad leafed plant - anubias - planted in the gravel. It can be planted by its thin roots, but if you cover the thick rhizome it will probably rot.

Anubias thrives when tied to something, an ornament , or particularly wood, so if you're adding that sort of thing, it might pay to tie your anubias to it with a bit of thin cotton.

Love the pond snails. I've got loads of them. They breed like rabbits, though, so be prepared to have to squish or relocate a ton of babies sooner or later.
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:57 AM   #30 
RedRaz

@moonsand0wls Thank you! :) I believe I will be getting one assassin snail soon. I'm not sure I can keep up with these snails. I will def kepp you al updated on my progress. I still need a decoration...I have been so picky about that, lol! ;)

@Aus Thanks! I sure will keep everyone updated. ;) Yes in the picture it looks like the Anubias is planted in the gravel but it's not. That plant is mostly all exposed. I only have a very small rock weighing it down until I get a decoration then I'm tying it to that. ;)

Oh yes the pond snails. They are the thorn in my side! I've been removing them for over two weeks. I'm probably gonna buy a assassin snail very soon. :D

Last edited by RedRaz; 10-28-2012 at 06:04 AM.