betta fish

Old 10-28-2012, 08:10 AM   #41 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Thanks U.S. seller it is.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #42 
RedRaz

@ChoclateBetta that is great to hear! :)

So I finally got a new light for my 5 gal hex tank. It's one of those 50/50 fluorescent mini lights. Not sure if I might exchange it though. Looks really bright and not sure it will bother my betta once he gets put into there. The plants are doing well so far.

In my 10 gal tank all my plants are growing well except the corkscrew plants which were shipped to me in bad shape. I see a few new leaves so I'm hoping they will pull through. I've just been removing the dead leaves. Oh and I only found one snail today in the 10 gal tank! That is a good sign. :) Not the normal 3 or 4 that I have been seeing. :) I will post some more tank pics soon. ;)
RedRaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #43 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How many watts do you use I use 75watts and 25watts.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #44 
RedRaz

Its a 10w because it says I can not use more then a 15w with my light hood.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 AM   #45 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Really sounds like a low light tank I use natural light too.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #46 
RedRaz

Either my 5 gal tank has a faulty light hood or I'm having bad luck with bulbs. My new bulb I bought already doesn't work. I did notice when it did work the light was intense. Perhaps I need a different type of bulb because my moneywort plants are not doing too well. I put them in my 10 gal tank to revive them. Is it okay to just float them? I believe I read they are floating plants...*shrugs* I can't remember now. *senior moment*

Also I noticed some of my anacharis are doing great but some have a lot of yellowish leaves. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 10-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #47 
kfryman

Yes it is fine to float them.

DO you dose nay types of ferts? Do you use a carbon filter pad? Those aren't really good for use with plants. They take nutrients out of the water and can starve the plants of food. I would say get a fertilizer. You want potassium, as nitrogen and phosphorous are in the tank naturally by waste and food. API Leaf Zone would be fine
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 AM   #48 
RedRaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Yes it is fine to float them.

DO you dose nay types of ferts? Do you use a carbon filter pad? Those aren't really good for use with plants. They take nutrients out of the water and can starve the plants of food. I would say get a fertilizer. You want potassium, as nitrogen and phosphorous are in the tank naturally by waste and food. API Leaf Zone would be fine
Nope I don't have either. I guess I can try that. Does that harm the fish in any way though? All my plants are doing well it's just some of my anacharis in the 10 gal tank is kinda yellowish. The moneywort is doing better now that it is floating. I had it somewhat in the gravel tied in bunches. I think that was not a good idea, lol. I will def look into the fertilizer. Thanks!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #49 
RedRaz

New tank pics

Update on my tank. :) I added some hornwort, moneywort and a plant I can not remember what it is. An ideas? It's the plant by the anacharis on the left side. I also finally choose my tank decoration and will buy them this weekend. ;)
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #50 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

My anarchis died floating I planted a little peice in sand and it is thriving I give all sorts of ferts they seem to boost growth.