Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 01:00 AM   #11 
Kytkattin

Is there any way you can get the temp up a few degrees into the 78-80 range? Being warm is good for a stressed immune system! Otherwise, as others have already said: good water quality, tannins, maybe salt (no-no if you have live plants though!).

Good luck!
Kytkattin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:42 PM   #12 
AidenBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytkattin View Post
Is there any way you can get the temp up a few degrees into the 78-80 range? Being warm is good for a stressed immune system! Otherwise, as others have already said: good water quality, tannins, maybe salt (no-no if you have live plants though!).

Good luck!

sadly no i can not raise the temperature right now, i have a legal situation that is sucking up all my cash that i have to take care of before my court date. but i honestly do not think that is the problem because it was colder than 75 in the pet store one, and my other betta Shade, a milano delta tail, is lively and active almost all the time.

but there has been an improvement, Puggy the Plakat moves around a bit more now and is not as lethargic. however he refuses to touch frozen bloodworms or freezedried bloodworms, he will only eat pellets. the past two days he has choked down one pellet per day, and refuses any more.(literally choked down it took a couple tries of spitting out and biting again)

Im going to find a buyer for his 3gallon, over price it and give him a new 10gallon! :D...soon as i find space for it.
AidenBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #13 
AidenBlack

ATTENTION! Puggy has made a complete recovery, and is lively and active, and voraciously eats any food dropped in the tank like a happy Plakat should :D Thanks everyone!
AidenBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:45 PM   #14 
Sakura8

I'm very glad to hear that! Yay!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lethargic, sick, swollen lip