Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #31 
PaintingPintos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
Thought i would share a drawing i did of a horse at least a year back. I havent attempted to draw another horse since, but i always loved the way this one turned out! Yea i know her markings are weird but i based them off a real horse! So im not crazy..
AWESOME!!!!
That's so realistic...usually you don't get those kinds of solid lines with realistic artists. It stands out a LOT....it's so gorgeous!!!
DRAW SOME MORE SO WE CAN SEE!!!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:59 PM   #32 
Gracie8890

Aww thanks! I think i wil! Ive never drawn a black horse before but i think i will try to draw mia. (Refer to earlier in thread)
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #33 
Gracie8890

Well i tried to draw her.couldnt do it, so moved on to a diff horse. Still couldnt do it... Guess my drawing isnt as good as it used to be!
Old 11-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #34 
sainthogan

I love the pictures of all of your horses!

I had a horse as a teenager, he changed my life. We bought him from a trail horse company, and he had been severely abused before they purchased him. In fact, they were selling him because he was unreliable and wouldn't follow directions. I had the tendency to be short tempered and fleeting before I got him. He taught me a great deal of patience, something I carried forward into my teaching career and now to my son who has a developmental delay. I was the only one who could ride him. (Several supposedly expert riders would try, and eventually declare that they would NEVER ride him again) Unfortunately, he had paralyzed vocal cords, and eventually it caused him extreme difficulty breathing and he had to be put down. I realize now, just how much he taught me, he prepared me for almost all of the things that came later in my life. (eyes are wet now)
My dad and cousin had horses at the same time as well - between the 3 of us, we had 4 horses. My dad's horse was awesome, and LOVED to go out and do stuff. He would put himself in the horse trailer, and if he saw that we had saddles, etc, he'd be right there waiting for us to put it on him. In fact, we caught him one time trying to put his saddle blanket on himself! (I wish we had that on video :D) He would do anything you asked him to do and was especially fond of female riders (one of the reasons I could ride him better than my dad could). Unfortunately, he was struck by lightening, and passed away.
My cousin's 2 horses were mother and daughter mustangs. The mother eventually passed away to old age, and my cousin had to sell the daughter because she no longer could afford to care for her.

I really miss having horses :(

Last edited by sainthogan; 11-04-2012 at 10:53 PM.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #35 
aemaki09

I have 3 horses right now. Even though I know I cant afford them I dont have the heart to let them go, especially my baby, a 7yo registered APHA paint mare that ive had since she was weaned. The other 2 are a 12yo Missouri Fox Trotter named angel Who I've had since she was 2, and the black one is Damion, hes 31 now, a retired amish buggy horse rescue, my first horse ever... Even though I'm so busy these day's I cant seem to find the time to ride, and I have to board them, I know I would regret it till the day I died if i sold any of them.
Attached Images

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #36 
Gracie8890

Wow your horses are beautiful! And thats such an amazing story sainthogan! I couldnt imagine seeing a horse trying to saddle himself! Ugh reading all these stories makes me want a horse even more! And i have a question, do yall ever get angry when somebody is all over the horse you love? Like you love them and somebody else is saying that that horse is their baby and they love them so much! Theres a girl at my stables who is all over mia(the horse im in love with!) and whenever she is kissing and hugging all over her i get so angry! I dont know why! So i just wanted to know if that happens to you also!
Old 11-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #37 
aemaki09

I hate when my sister try's to claim any of mine as her's. lol she always tries to brag to her friends about them when she has no involvement with them. I really hate it when she does that with my paint. Especially when she rides her without asking, Its my biggest annoyance when anyone uses her without my permission, even my dad who is the one who gifted these three to me.

I also dont know why I get so annoyed by this, I should be happy that someone else has the time to love and excersize them since I really dont right now, but no it really irks me!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #38 
Gracie8890

Lol i feel you! I even get mad when Mia's owner(or should i say former owner since they are selling her) comes by and is all over her! I know i shouldn't since shes not even my horse, but still! Sometimes i just want to shout at her" you don't deserve her! I do!" But that would be rude... So anyways! I cant wait until saturday so i can see her again! Im trying to save up my money and buy her a new bridle. But idk if i will be able too! Bridles are expensive! The one she has now barely fits her and she looks horrible in it. She looked good in her one before but her owner took it back since there selling her. So heres the girl again. Yea i know shes kinda fat, i have an extremely good photo of her, but her owner is in the pic and i cant post that, so im trying to figure out how to blur the face:p
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #39 
Gracie8890

Here it is! I just drew over the face! Now introducing the famous "Diamonds Unlimited!"
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #40 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
Here it is! I just drew over the face! Now introducing the famous "Diamonds Unlimited!"
Gorgeous!