Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 PM   #191 
Bluewind

Then all I can say is find a way to help yourself. Until YOU make up your mind to help yourself have a better life, you will never move forward. You have to work and fight and set goals for yourself and no matter how much therapy or medicine you take, you will never improve until you MAKE yourself imrpove. It's a battle of inches and it's hard at times, but worth it. Do research on holistic help, dietary changes, vitamins, herbs, exercise, and anything you can think of! Become active and take charge of your treatment and see the obsticals as a challange you must solve or overcome. Use your head for more than a hatrake and go forward with eyes wide open! The longer you are stagnant, the longer it will take to realize your potential! Do you understand what I'm saying?
Bluewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #192 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am just starting to make improvement.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #193 
isochronism

Blue & Choc, you two are certainly taking diligent care of your fish and tanks! I am just starting with my first tank, a fluval spec 5 gallon that I've had for two weeks. (No fish in yet) With live plants going. I am fortunate to have a 52 year family owned tropical fish store (BEST) 5 minutes away and a petco and petsmart 10 minutes away. Of course yesterday I bought another tank (2 1/2 gallon). You guys are a BIG help to me too :)
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 AM   #194 
Bluewind

Awwwww! That is so sweet Iso! Thank you

What kind of Betta will you be getting? My little Gus is a Veiltail and he is such a sweetie!

A planted 5 gal huh? Thought about adding 2 or 3 shrimp like a Ghost or Cherry? It's hit and miss on rather your Betta will like them. Gus loved them in his smaller tank.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #195 
isochronism

I adopted Male cause he was in 1/2 gal with no heat or anything. Immediatly went to 1 gal, heat, silk plant, conditioner. Few days later got the 5 gal. real plants, etc. Has been going for two weeks. He is not in it yet, tho yesterday I got a 2 1/2 gal cause it fits perfectly on my window sill with the 5 (that was my excuse, anyway)
Old 12-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #196 
isochronism

He keeps looking at the new 5 next door (from his 1) and wonders who's the big shot moving in nextdoor!!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #197 
Bluewind

Oh fun! What is he? Crowtail? Veiltail? What's his coloration?

So you have some fun decisions to make! You could get another Betta for the 2.5gal, or turn it into a shrimp or snail tank! My little magic (blue mystery snail) eats algea waffers out of my hand! She LOVES fresh veggies too. Shrimp are a hoot and aren't crazy expensive. Ghost Shrimp have a high mortality rate but only cost 3/$1. Cherry Shrimp have a better survival rate and you can get them online for $24 for 20. Shrimp have a very low bioload (about 1/5th a gallon each) so they wont hurt your little tanks. What I did when I added them to mine was add hiding spots and put in the shrimp without Gus. Then I floated Gus in a quart jar for a few hours so he and the shrimp could get use to each other. I also fed Gus a good meal so that he would be less likely to feed on them. Then, I dumped him in. Worked like a charm! They LOVE Gus's Omega One Betta Buffet Pellets which cand be made to sink by making them wet (1 for every 1-2 shrimp).
Old 12-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #198 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Carters sick. Just started treatment today and he already seems better. He never left his tank.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #199 
DragonFyre14

Aww choc, I'm sorry to hear that. Do you know what it is? Glad to hear he is getting a bit better.

Bluewind, you have been an inspiration to me as well. you just care so much about your betta and all the other inhabitants in the tank :)
Posted via Mobile Device
DragonFyre14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #200 
Bluewind

I'm sorry to hear that Cho! Any clue what's wrong?

Thank you Dragon! That's so sweet of you! I'm far from the perfect fishkeeper, but God knows I try!

I'm not proud of it, but I'm thinking of rehoming my Neons. They are starting to get agressive! I sware, I have no luck with Tetras! Never again will a Tetra be in my tank!

Tags
advice, betta, newbie, small tank, tankmate