betta fish

Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Looks like he lost a scale.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #12 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

In the very last picture, it looks like he migh have scraped himself on something.
Is there any sharp like objects in the aquarium?
I do see what your talking about though but like I said it looks like he may have scraped himself or something.
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Some Bettas naturally have a hard time swimming because of big fins.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #14 
kfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsKourtneyYoC8 View Post
In the very last picture, it looks like he migh have scraped himself on something.
Is there any sharp like objects in the aquarium?
I do see what your talking about though but like I said it looks like he may have scraped himself or something.
That's what I'm kind of thinking, too. I just thought it would start looking BETTER, not worse, after 12 days, especially because it didn't look bad to begin with! But maybe it's because it's scabbing. It had to be a pretty deep wound for him to still be so messed up. :\ I hope he starts to heal more soon.

He has two sea shells in his tank that he could have scraped himself on if he was moving fast enough/at the right angle (the points are buried, but I suppose he could have managed it), probably while trying to get out of a strand of hair algae (GAH I HATE THAT STUFF). Everything else in his tank is live plants (obviously besides his heater, but that's all round glass, of course).
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I would think the shells did it.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #16 
ItsKourtneyYoC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfish View Post
That's what I'm kind of thinking, too. I just thought it would start looking BETTER, not worse, after 12 days, especially because it didn't look bad to begin with! But maybe it's because it's scabbing. It had to be a pretty deep wound for him to still be so messed up. :\ I hope he starts to heal more soon.

He has two sea shells in his tank that he could have scraped himself on if he was moving fast enough/at the right angle (the points are buried, but I suppose he could have managed it), probably while trying to get out of a strand of hair algae (GAH I HATE THAT STUFF). Everything else in his tank is live plants (obviously besides his heater, but that's all round glass, of course).

Well, in my opinion, if it's scabbing, it's a good thing, means it's healing or atleast trying to heal.
Jus keep doing what your doing and keep him warm and relaxed and he should be good in no time! :D

P.s
I was just thinking, maybe he did get stuck in the hair algea arounbd one of the shells or something and as he was trying to escape he got cut up?
ItsKourtneyYoC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

IAL help with fin and scale damage.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:18 PM   #18 
DoctorWhoLuver

He's looking a little skinny, does he eat normally. Is it possible that he had tb or internal parasites? Maybe because he lost some weight so he can't support his tail anymore? Just a suggestion.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:58 PM   #19 
Silverfang

That.. is different than what my boy had. I'd PM oldfishlady or Sakura8. They might be able to offer better advice.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #20 
kfish

He does eat normally and his waste looks completely normal and is coming regularly.

Something I just noticed that is new today, is a red dot on his dorsal fin... he's been developing a red "streak" there for the past few months and I figured it was just a color change because he's been known to develop new colors, but this is a little odd. I really don't think he's septic, because he's acting healthy besides not being able to move properly, and it doesn't -look- like sepsis. The mark on his side looks a lot better today, actually. And he seems a bit more active. Maybe he's on the road to recovery.

I've been thinking about PMing OFL and I think it has come to that point. I don't like to bother her because I know how many inquiries she gets.
kfish is offline   Reply With Quote