Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I'm not I provided links and experience I bout mind two feet and the leaves are growing so high.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:26 PM   #22 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I'm not I provided links and experience I bout mind two feet and the leaves are growing so high.

Chocolate, you're confusing me :/ I asked "who's wrong" not "you're wrong."
Alcemistnv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am right I use lucky bamboo in aquariums with invertebrates and fish.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #24 
Alcemistnv

no one said you were wrong... o.O

However, lucky bamboo doesn't remove anything from the air, just looked it up. The changing of the leaves can indicate something IN the air, but the plant doesn't remove anything.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7417811_lu...ir-plant_.html http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dracaena_sanderiana http://www.ehow.com/info_8066723_hou...aning-air.html http://www.hgtv.com/landscaping/hous...ers/index.html http://www.buzzle.com/articles/indoo...clean-air.html I am still sure they do but small possibility I mixed them with other members of the family.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #26 
polukoff

Your fish might not be dead, but you have no evidence to back up your opinion. They are toxic to many creatures, it's safe to assume fragile aquatic animals would be one. It's just not worth it when there are so many beautiful aquatic plants available. I'm not about taking risks when it comes to my animals.

Read your information your posting please.

Lucky bamboo is known scientifically as Dracaena sanderiana and is not a member of the bamboo family. Other Dracaena species do remove toxins from the air, such as Dracaena marginata, commonly called red-edge dracaena or the Madagascar dragon tree, and two varieties of Dracaena deremensis--"Janet Craig" and "Warneckii." The Dracaena fragrans "Massangeana," or cornstalk dracaena, also makes the list.

Just because lucky bamboo has no impact on air quality does not mean you should throw away existing plants or choose not to purchase t

Last edited by polukoff; 10-25-2012 at 03:28 PM.
polukoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:28 PM   #27 
tanseattle

[quote=ChoclateBetta;1286332]I keep lucky bamboo peace lilies and pothos in my tanksquote]

I also keep lucky bamboo and pothos in my tanks for over a year now. One of my lucky bamboos is in for 11 months 100% underwater and still fine. The rest other lucky bambos are floating on the top of the water horizontally and they fine and growing too. All my bettas has at least 1 luck bamboo in their divided spot.

I will stand all the lucky bamboos up vertically this week because simply they look better upright (I was lazy not to stand them up).

I usually soak the lucky bamboo in declorinated water for a week or so before I place them in the tank. I also wash them them very good every day for 7 days. I did this because commercial growers may use chemical to grow them faster, and you put lucky bamboo in without carefully washed/rinse it may be toxic.

My friends in California has been breeding bettas for 15 years. He has lucky bambo and pothos in his tank all these years. Some are fully underwater too.

Here is my sorority tank with lucky bamboo and pothos. Some bamboos float horizontally, 1 upright and 1 fully submersed under water.

Here is my fries tank with lucky bamboo too; it is under water for 3 months now.

Tan

Last edited by tanseattle; 10-25-2012 at 03:36 PM.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #28 
tanseattle

Here is my fries tank has only pothos and lucky bamboos.
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #29 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by polukoff View Post
Your fish might not be dead, but you have no evidence to back up your opinion. They are toxic to many creatures, it's safe to assume fragile aquatic animals would be one. It's just not worth it when there are so many beautiful aquatic plants available. I'm not about taking risks when it comes to my animals.

Read your information your posting please.

Lucky bamboo is known scientifically as Dracaena sanderiana and is not a member of the bamboo family. Other Dracaena species do remove toxins from the air, such as Dracaena marginata, commonly called red-edge dracaena or the Madagascar dragon tree, and two varieties of Dracaena deremensis--"Janet Craig" and "Warneckii." The Dracaena fragrans "Massangeana," or cornstalk dracaena, also makes the list.

Just because lucky bamboo has no impact on air quality does not mean you should throw away existing plants or choose not to purchase t
not to be rude but you have piles of proof against you.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #30 
Alcemistnv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
not to be rude but you have piles of proof against you.
Actualy chocolate, you are the one with proof against you o.O

You're the one who said the bamboo removed toxins from the air.

Tags
bamboo