Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #1 
ZergyMonster

Had to tear down my sorority tank again.

So here I am taking stuff apart because the algae and plant decay is getting out of hand. I did some thinking and decided that this is for the best.

I found a very ugly piece of mopani wood at my local petco a few weeks ago and passed it by. A day ago I found that same piece of wood sitting on the shelf. I picked it up and started to envision it in my tank. Out of the 5 minutes of twisting and turning the wood I found 2 positions that would work. I then started thinking about the plants that I would stick on it. Today I picked up 2 types of Anubias and some Java fern.

Which leaves me to today, I took out all of the old plants except for my old Anubias (which was growing strong) and threw them out. I was starting fresh. I took pennywort, wisteria and anacharis from overgrowth from my other tanks and put them in; I then took an hour finding the best place to fill in my mopani wood.

This is what it came out as:

And some zoomed in pictures:

I have since removed the fern on my dinosaur and added in a cave with two entrances. The fern was riddled with little bits of algae and the leaves were still bad.

After 3 hours of work removing and cleaning on the instruments in this tank to hopefully prevent another outbreak I think it looks pretty good.

It pained me to throw away my plants that I have had for over 8 months but it was for the best and I now have more to nurture and love.

I'll add more pictures when I get home.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Looks great!
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3 
paloverde

It takes an artists eye to take an awkward chunk of wood, and transform it into a centerpiece...very nice.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:35 AM   #4 
ZergyMonster

I finally got some new pictures. I was busy with school work and the like but better late than never:

And here is a look at my shrimp, they are fun to watch:

It's cool how fast they multiply, I only had 12 back in August.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote