betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #21 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I thank the BB.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #22 
sareena79

oh and I chickened out and removed the pothos' leaves from the water, back to roots only. I kept reading conflicting reports on whether it was good or not so I figured better safe then sorry so Im just gonna go buy some aquatic plants to go IN the water and keep my pothos on top of the water. im curious to see if the vitachem I ordered for sushi will have any effect on the plants growth. it should be here either tomorrow or sometime next week
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:30 PM   #23 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Glad you saved the plants.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #24 
sareena79

ok I put the plant back in lol...my buddy has a pothos at his house thats been submerged for months with no ill effects so I decided to give it another go. I have about 95% of my plant in the water and the rest above. Sushi is loving swimming thru the leaves so for now I think I will leave it that way cuz it looks really pretty like that too. if I see it looking funky or if my fish acts like he doesnt like it then it will definitely come out but so far so good....I will take a pic after my next water change on monday
Old 11-02-2012, 09:00 PM   #25 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Plants like Pothos survive months underwater but will eventually die or grow above the water.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #26 
sareena79

im ok with it growing above the water,as thats how its been for the last 4mo, in fact I have a few leaves about the water right now so the plant can still get the air it needs through the leaves. I actually like the look of haveing some submerged and some emerged and if the plant starts to look wierd I will just take it out, no biggie...
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #27 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Hopefully they survive wish you luck.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:06 PM   #28 
whatsupyall

I use pothos and hanged it around the tank semi floating. Pothos is a weird plant, I don't know if it actually helps with pollution, but it looks nice and my fish seem okay so far. The reason it doesn't seem to help with pollution in the tank is because pothos seem to grow in any type of temperature and sunlight, sometimes even with out water it still grows a bit before dying. Makes me think it just grows regardless of nutrients or whatnot. Again, it's a pretty plant and looks nice in the aquarium so no complaints here. :)
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #29 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupyall View Post
I use pothos and hanged it around the tank semi floating. Pothos is a weird plant, I don't know if it actually helps with pollution, but it looks nice and my fish seem okay so far. The reason it doesn't seem to help with pollution in the tank is because pothos seem to grow in any type of temperature and sunlight, sometimes even with out water it still grows a bit before dying. Makes me think it just grows regardless of nutrients or whatnot. Again, it's a pretty plant and looks nice in the aquarium so no complaints here. :)
yeah I have had it with just the roots in the water for about 4mo now but I had been toying with putting it under water and did for about a day lol but ima leave it for a while this time and see how it does, it looks neat in there and Sushi seems to enjoy it so we'll see....
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 PM   #30 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I keep Pothos in my Filter I put one plant in then it split to two it really has grown it is next to a 75 watt light and gets light interesting fact look how wild type look. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epipremnum_aureum