Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-08-2012, 04:03 PM   #31 
sareena79

here are some pix of Sushi and his house with the pothos in it....
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #32 
sareena79

oh and that is a 2gal vase, which is alot bigger than it looks in the pix...its not one of those dinky little craft store vases that arent even 1g. his water is changed 100% a week. hes a happy little camper :)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM   #33 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

They work well emerged I keep them in my filter. Might want more water changes. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49160
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #34 
sareena79

as u and I have previously discussed, his water changes are perfectly fine accoridn to OFL b/c he has an actively growing pothos
Old 11-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #35 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The care sheet says 1 100 percents and a few partial water changes.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #36 
sareena79

but I spoke with her about my particular set up and she was fine with his amount of water changes b/c of his plant. like I said, u and I have covered this previously, perhaps u have forgotten....
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #37 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Housing your betta fish in a novelty 1 - 2 gallon "tank" or smaller will result in harmful substances accumulating in the water quickly and require you to perform partial water changes every other day and a 100% water change once a week. That's a far cry from simply leaving your betta fish alone in a tiny bowl like the setup in many stores might suggest you can get away with. Without regular water changes, a betta fish in such a tiny enclosure will unfortunately succumb to harmful substances in the water quickly. Copied from care sheet.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #38 
sareena79

oh lord, do we really have to have this converstaion again? my fish is well-cared for. I may not do it the way u do it but thats ok. I already got my water change schedule ok'd by OFL whos advice is always spot on. my tank is not a novelty tank just b/c its not your basic square 10g+. its 2g which is plenty for him since he has such a long heavy tail and prefers to rest in his plants most of the day. He has a light, a heater, a thermometer, a "natural filtration system" weekly 100& water changes, he gets high protien food as well as vitamin supplements. he not neglected in any way shape or form. if u feel the need to keep shoving your agenda down my throat then please either refrain from commenting on my posts or add me to your ignore list so u dont see my posts anymore. Im not neglecting my fish, he is quite a happy and well cared for little guy.....if u want people to treat u better in this forum then u need to be less judgemental, argumentative and accusatory towards people. Maybe thats not your intent but its the way it comes off.....

Last edited by sareena79; 11-08-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #39 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am just saying a 100 and one or two 25 percents will help I use plant filters too remember regular filters are natural too BB do the work.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #40 
sareena79

Quote:
Housing your betta fish in a novelty 1 - 2 gallon "tank" or smaller will result in harmful substances accumulating in the water quickly and require you to perform partial water changes every other day and a 100% water change once a week. That's a far cry from simply leaving your betta fish alone in a tiny bowl like the setup in many stores might suggest you can get away with. Without regular water changes, a betta fish in such a tiny enclosure will unfortunately succumb to harmful substances in the water quickly. Copied from care sheet.
THIS is what I was talking about....u frequently come across as arrogant and judgemental. as I said it amy not be your intent but u do and the funny thing is u contradict yourself alot as well. I have a few threads going with u right now that can attest to that. in fact in one us say u "Love betta bowls" yet look at your avatar??? anyway not trying to start a fight just suggesting u work on your delivery a bit and recognize that everyone on here cares for thier fish or they wouldnt be here and that there is more than one way to do things and u dont have to bash people b/c they dont do it your way