cheyenne52883

After some research...

could it be septicemia?

Here is a picture from when I got Sushi (no red in fins):

Here is a picture from today (red showing in fins):

cheyenne52883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:57 AM   #12 
Shadyr

Your bettas' actions will probably be the best indicator of his health. If he seems to be acting normal, I would go with mild/homeopathic options...it may even just be coloration - stressed fish in a cup is normally going to undergo at least a bit of a color change when put into a good living space. I bought a "cambodian" colored young veiltail male and *literally* within one day of being put into his tank, he was bright solid red.

Gentle remedies I've had good luck with for external issues:

AQ salt
Stress Coat+

If his behaviour changes, that's usually a good sign something is going on with the fish.

FWIW: My daughter's crowntail got bonked with the water change cup some months back - I put him in AQ salt to help heal it up and he actually acted sluggish and meh for the first two days of that, so be aware a given treatment itself might produce some change in level of activity.

Good luck - I hope it's nothing, but it's good you are looking into it He's a pretty fish!
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:18 PM   #13 
cheyenne52883

Salt Bath

How many days should I do a salt bath?

I have done 30 mins for 2 days and have noticed no real change except the larger spot is starting to darken up a bit.....

cheyenne52883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #14 
Shadyr

For AQ salt, my boys who have undergone it don't get a bath, they are in mildly salty water for the duration of the treatment. I did 10 days with a solution of 1 TBSP salt per gallon. Actual AQ salt will have a chart on it. I dissolved the salt in a cup of boiling water, added it to their water changes, and put it in when the temperatures were evened up. Stresscoat+ is my conditioner of choice, but particularly so when treating external stuff. This was done in a quarantine tank, so that their live plants were not harmed. In QT, they had a fake plant and a hidey cave, so it wasn't completely barren.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #15 
DoctorWhoLuver

It looks like his coloring. He could be a marble. Marbles sometimes have very drastic color changes. If he had no other symptoms, it may be best not to treat, since treatments are pretty stressful.
In the picture where you just got Sushi, you can kind of see a bit of salmon color on his fins and the spot if red on his head.

Last edited by DoctorWhoLuver; 11-01-2012 at 12:33 PM.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote