thanks Fabian =)
then 2 days later i saw tails. i tried to take pics but my phone cam is not good enough.
mistake #1. i had 2 large fake plants in there but decided that it would be too hard to clean the tank. i wanted to switch them out for smaller ones. so i reached in and slowly pulled out the plants. this was a problem because even being extra careful it moved the nest. the surface of the water is somehow connected almost like a film on it. i think its cause of his bubble nest spit or something lol. anyway the whole nest spread out. luckily Gilbert was a great dad and did not panic. he calmly added to his bubble nest under the cup and slowly gathered all of the fry and hung them back under the nest. phew.
mistake #2 i decided to start bbs early. since my gf has a cat, i had to place the bbs bottles on the top of the fridge. we have a small apartment with little space. they did not hatch after 2 days. i decided to get another bottle of eggs from a different source. the first 24 hours showed no signs of hatching. i moved everything to a diff area that was warmer. bam.. hatched.
im not sure if it is the eggs or the heat or what. i will figure i out after i do a few more experimental batches.
in the mean time i tried frozen bbs. they hardly ate any of it. i tried some decaps. no dice. luckily i was able to get a microworm culture. they began eating that and i threw in some java moss from a diff tank so hopefully there was some infusoria that came with it.
and now im up to date.
here they are eating mw