Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #1 
caljamsam

Unhappy My betta dies in a accident

I feel kinda real bad right about now. I've been gone all day, and when I come home I notice little red is nowhere in sight. So I get my flashlight (bettas are very good at camouflaging themselves.)

Then i look in the back and I notice he had actually jumped out of the tank sometime when I wasn't here and he landed in the back. From the amount of dust on him I could tell he put up a pretty good struggle.

Oh well. I'll replace him soon so little Blooey will have a new playmate. RIP lil' Red.
caljamsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #2 
teeneythebetta

There was no lid on the tank?
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:55 PM   #3 
RandyTheBettaFish

Always put lids on your tanks!Other wise, as you now know, accidents will happen. Im sorry for your loss!
RandyTheBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #4 
caljamsam

Thank you, thank you for your condolences. I'm a feeling kinda bad right now.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #5 
DoctorWhoLuver

I'm so sorry :( May he swim in peace <3
One of my older female bettas once jumped out too; (I didn't have a lid at that time) and I found her all dried up and covered in a thick layered of dust, and I thought she had died... I was crying so hard that I hopelessly dropped her in her tank in hope that she would revive... and surprisingly.. she did :O It was the strangest thing ever; I'm not pious, but I prayed that she would survive and she did.
DoctorWhoLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #6 
sainthogan

Mine has a lid, but she still managed to jump out of a half inch opening, that's why I know have every tiny little hole covered. Mine survived her jump after being out at least a half an hour. I'm sorry yours didn't make it.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #7 
ANHEL123

sorry for your loss:( It happened to me too so don't blame yourself though. Just be careful if you will have another one always leave space between the top of the tank and water level, and a lid. I don't have a lid in my tanks may be i have to start covering them with plastic wrap.
I hope you going to rescue another betta.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #8 
caljamsam

Lol I like the way you put that-"rescue another betta." I will, but ya know I'm getting tired of seeing and living this "conflict and war" in my home between two fish. I want peacefulness and quiet in my home but there I go...

Thank you all for your condolences and messages.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #9 
ANHEL123

lol i love to rescue those little cutis. Even if they will die in my house i still would feel that i rescued them . I feel so bad seeing them in the store . The stores that we have in town (most of them) don't do good job with bettas :( It sad. The same with other animals. But you know, how many dogs you can rescue, at least i can afford more fish. I rescued one dog, i wish i can have more.
I want to say something else. When you bring new fish home always quarantine it before you put it in the tank and always use different equipment between new betta and you other ( a net ,changing cup) in case one can be sick. I just read when someone brought new fish and there in about a month i think fish might have ext and internal parasites and she shared a net and changing containers between her bettas. So be careful i think some people don't realize it.
ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #10 
LadyVictorian

Lids on betta tanks are important for this reason. I am sorry about your betta but I do hope you get a lid for the tank now and clog up any holes your fish could jump through to prevent this from happening again.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote