Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 02:18 PM   #11 
Gracie8890

Ok i admit, there selling a pretty cool item, i mean jts a self cleaning fish habitat! Who wouldnt want that? The problem is that their misinforming there customers, and there selling it at a wayyyy to small of a size.
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #12 
birdielikestomatoes

As usual a good concept turned into something horrible. So many of these ideas for unusual betta tanks are cool, they just need to be on a larger scale. It would also be wonderful if they didn't spout off ridiculous rumors about bettas and their care.
birdielikestomatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #13 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie8890 View Post
Ok i admit, there selling a pretty cool item, i mean jts a self cleaning fish habitat! Who wouldnt want that? The problem is that their misinforming there customers, and there selling it at a wayyyy to small of a size.
lol what? just get a container. dril a hole. silicone a tube through.... and viola! self cleaning tank! lol
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #14 
Friendlyfishies

Well today I came across this at petco...saddening...

Its about the size of a big baseball. What are the companies thinking?
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #15 
harleraven

Quote:
Betta don’t swim around a lot and don’t need much space to be happy. They like to float and hover in the water.

Try telling that to Crackle! He's in his own tank right now, and he has spent the whole day exploring every inch of his new home! He goes up and down, left and right, back and front, and just seems amazed that all of this is HIS to play in! He'll have some tankmates eventually, but there will still be plenty of room to swim.

Last edited by harleraven; 10-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
harleraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #16 
Blacklight

I find these things horrifying. How the hell are you going to net the poor fish if you need to move him? There's no way!!! Not only that. I would imagine that it's easy for the fish to get trapped in areas without access to air. And these things are TINY. I've seen them in Walmart. There's no way you can get a net in there to scoop the fish. The opening is ony a few inches. You can't even get a net in there. how can you even change the water properly without dumping the fish? Hamster tubes for fish is a horrible idea if a fish needs to be removed for some reason. And how the hell can you even get a heater in those things?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Cultu...m-1ct/16940369
Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #17 
LadyVictorian

I had posted about that self cleaning tank on my betta facebook page under tank nightmares. xD god that thing is repulsive.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #18 
sainthogan

I emailed the no clean aquarium people. My email is at the bottom and their response is at the top.

Hi Sara,

Thank you for your feedback. We will definitely be coming out with larger sizes and different shaped aquariums.

-David

On Sat, Oct 27, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Sara wrote:
Name*: SaraEmail*: Subject*:1/2 gallon no clean tank Message*:This is a great concept, but much too small for a Betta. The general rule is 1 gallon per inch of fish, for all fish. My Betta is in a 5 gallon tank and swims all over, she completely utilizes all of that space. When she was in a 1/2 gallon, she hardly swam at all, and I think it was because she didn't have enough space to really swim. She is much more active in her bigger tank than she was in her smaller one, and is much more interactive with me as well.
Make this for bigger tanks and you'll have a great thing going.

Last edited by sainthogan; 10-31-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: removed email addresses
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:09 PM   #19 
pittipuppylove

*sigh* Now if they'd only discontinue that size and replace it with a much larger one.

But this thing has put me in a DIY state of mind... I may have to try to put something like this together that is actually acceptable for a betta.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #20 
sareena79

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittipuppylove View Post
*sigh* Now if they'd only discontinue that size and replace it with a much larger one.

But this thing has put me in a DIY state of mind... I may have to try to put something like this together that is actually acceptable for a betta.
well if u figure it out, let us know cuz I do love the concept just hate the size
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote