Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 01:44 AM   #1 
mplsmommy

Took in 2 fish

So I posted about a week ago about my BF's sister asking me to take her fish. Well I had been uncertain, but I decided to take them on and told her that I'd have her come over with them and have her help me set them up so she could learn the better ways of betta keeping. So I went to run an errand for his mom, and while I'm there I take a look at her bettas... The male was in a triangle "bowl" http://www.lnt.com/product/aquarium-...-triangle.html The water was ok some poo at the bottom... but the female, she was in a Petco cup and I could hardly see her the water was so murky! I decided that I couldn't leave them there, and that I was taking them to my place right away.
Got them to my place and since I had been waiting for his sister to help me set up the tanks I put them into my TEMPORARY 1/2 gals. The male had some what I think is ammonia burns on his fins (they were getting curly at the ends) so I put a little bit of metafix in his tank, and I'll change his water out tomorrow. The female was so pale (I know she is supposed to be blue) but she's slowly getting color back. She has vertical stress stripes and looks kinda like a tiger I think that I'll be calling her La Tigra.
I'm happy that I got them when I did, I don't know how long the female would have lasted like that. They are now happier in Clean water, and they will stay with me until she learns how to keep them well or until they got to swim in fishy heaven.
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #2 
pittipuppylove

My goodness! Glad you took those two in. I bet they were thrilled to have clean water and more room!
Posted via Mobile Device
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #3 
AquaKai

Oh my goodness! Those are horrible conditions! Great job with rescuing them! I bet you'll do a great job with them!
AquaKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #4 
Laki

Great job taking them! That Lee's thing shouldn't exist. How small.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:56 AM   #5 
mplsmommy

That triangle is .25 gal.... I used it to do a 50% change on the female's tank today. I felt really bad for the poor male, and I can't wait to set up the gal tank for him he's already looking a bit more active. He got a 100% change and I didn't add any more metafix today, just clean water hoping his fins will uncurl.
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:57 AM   #6 
Laki

I kept one of my fish in a baking bowl once.. lol Just an idea for a temp tank that's bigger than .25g.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote