Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #11 
LebronTheBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishpond View Post
The hotter you keep your fish the faster they grown and the more thing's they can get and the time they will live is cut down by this to .
Boy, I tried to explain this to some users here on another thread. +1 to this portion of your post! But, I tried to explain to them that 76F was enough, not 72.

Please take our advice.. There's a member here that has been breeding fish for over 50 years and she keeps her water around 74-76. Warmer water will help with the egg hatch rate so please, take it.
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #12 
afishpond

hey lebornthebetta what all that about you haven't said anything other thatn this but look at Floating Thermometer and you will see that 68 is in the green and that's all i was saying .
afishpond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #13 
BettaFx

eh. just try again drop an almond leaf in there possibly hard water. but i've bred several pairs in diff parameters
low temp-bigger fry
high temp-smaller fry hatch fast BUT eat more and metabolism is higher
low ph of 6
high ph of 7.8
hard water
soft water

i've also bred pairs in water with more minerals like clay component..

etc etc alll were okay for me. just try a different pair..good luck =]
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 PM   #14 
afishpond

76 is the ideal temp for most fish and but say 72 was to cold I don't that was it and to tell that fish need to be in 78 to 80 temp to live great wronge I breed guppy's ,endler',bettas, pelco,coby cat's and koi and lot's more and raise plant's of all kinds . most breeder's raise at high temp. for fast grow and to sale faster . All my big tanks are at 76 but i keep my bettas at room temp and they do fine for me . thx for every ones help with this not meaning to pick on anyone here just wanting to see what the gang had to say .
Old 10-27-2012, 11:47 PM   #15 
afishpond

betta fx thx your right .on all the good spawn's i've in the pass the male was cool while breeding not fighting female had some female help with nest and egg's but both these male beat up the female bad don't if that was it or not.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #16 
afishpond

this is a great place thx agian for all the help
Old 10-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #17 
BettaFx

Quote:
betta fx thx your right .on all the good spawn's i've in the pass the male was cool while breeding not fighting female had some female help with nest and egg's but both these male beat up the female bad don't if that was it or not.
not a problem im glad i can support. just keep at it i hope to hear more about your spawns =]
BettaFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #18 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
hey lebornthebetta what all that about you haven't said anything other thatn this but look at Floating Thermometer and you will see that 68 is in the green and that's all i was saying .
68 is green zone because that is the preferred temp for goldfish and koi which if you knew need to be in colder water not the 76 you keep them in because they are NOT tropical fish. As for how long have I been keeping betta? Since I was five, how long have they lived? My oldest was 7 and average is 5 years. Use to breed guppies and my dad breeds clownfish and grows and sells coral. (saltwater damn right).
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #19 
ao
TFK Moderator

72 is too cold. it's like saying to the eggs. "the conditions out here are bad!" "don't hatch!"
lol

it's like how differen bulbs will spout only under a certain condition

I think the definition of tropical is like the definition of brackish. different fish comes from different parts of the world. and I dont think you will find 72F rice paddies during betta fish breeding season :)
why dont you just raise the temperature and give it a try?

Last edited by ao; 10-28-2012 at 01:38 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #20 
polukoff

On cold nights my fishroom can get as low as 72 degrees since it's in a very large two car garage. You will always get deformities, especially with bettas. I don't have many but who knows maybe the few that are deformed in my spawns are from the temp, or maybe it's just genetics. I just had a massive spawn probably 150+ and it got real chilly probably 72 degrees if not lower. Everything is lookin good.
polukoff is offline   Reply With Quote