Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-27-2012, 10:41 PM   #1 
paris38

Question Plant Buying Question

A while ago when I got my fish tank I decided to have live plants so,I got those little live plant bulbs. They didn't really meet my expectations though,so I want to get already grown live plants that are in the tanks at petstores.I heard that some of those plants have things like tiny snails on them that you don't find till you get home and I don't want any thing harmful to get into my tank so I was wondering what I could do to protect my tank from it.The only form of quartine tank I have is a orange 5 gallon bucket and a preset heater.If anyone knows of anything I could do to prevent this problem yoour help would be appreciated.Thanks!
paris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:25 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

snails are not harmful at all. personal preference really. I love my snails :D

the best aolution to take care of snails would probably be a potassium permanganate solution.
but you can always go through the olants manually and get rid of them that way
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #3 
paris38

Thanks aokashi!The reason why I don't want snails is because I don't want them to reproduce like crazy.I think they're actually kind of cute:)I think I'll try going through the plants because it seems like the best way to prevent anything hiding in the plants other than quartining them.
paris38 is offline   Reply With Quote