Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #1 
Friendlyfishies

1. Can I see some pics of fin nipper vs fin rot? 2. tank size

Question 1.
Hi friends...Moonies tail is making me so sad...it started off getting damaged from flaring and filter resting which progressed into what appeared to be rot as it was more shredded than nipped and he started feeling under the weather..hes been in a hospital tank for 2 weeks now, one week he had an AQ salt treatment and this week hes just been getting daily water changes with stress coat and IAL..he acts fine now but I think being in the small space has started fin nipping although I havent caught him...im finding large chunks of tail missing or on the bottom of the bowl and he seems very frustrated in the bowl. Im still trying to figure out what im dealing with because I dont want it to turn out to be rot and loose my fish by not treating it with AQ salt if its needed et.

Water perams are fine
Heat is 78
50% water changes daily with an occasional 100% when the water gets cloudy

If you guys could post pics of fin rot vs fin nipping it would be greatly appreciated!

Question 2.
I have him in the hospital tank so I can keep his water clean and treat when neccesary but if the small space is the cause of his fin nipping perhaps moving him back to a larger tank will stop the behavior if thats whats happening..should I move him back to a bigger tank?

If I move him back to a bigger tank and it turns out to be rot, could I just do salt baths rather than a hospital tank?

Thanks everyone!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...+rot&FORM=IGRE http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...=3-11&sp=-1&sk=
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote