Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Is there a sponge?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #12 
reaperscreepers

yes there is.. its something like this..

http://www.ocreef.com/images/big/Ist...nge-Filter.jpg
reaperscreepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:14 PM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Looks pretty big and strong?
Old 10-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #14 
megaredize

i would suggest withe an aquaclear 20 HOB which is adjustable and on lowest flow it is pretty weak. i actually use the 20 on my 5 gallon and find the current weak enough so on a 10 i would imagine it would be a really quiet flow. OR a sponge filter and u can get a valve that controls how much air gets pumped into the sponge filter so that should control the bubble current
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have seen those valves they have two on them right and hope it works out.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #16 
MyRainbowBettaFish

i have a simple HOB from TOP FIN and have had it for over 4 yrs, still goes strong no problems and keeps the water sparkly !
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #17 
LizzyP

I use a Fluval U1 in my 5.5. I will never buy any other kind of filter after this one. Instead of a carbon filter cartridge, it's a foam block. It's all the good things about HOB filters but gives GREAT surface area for BB like a sponge. Only downfall is the output. But I baffled that with more foam. They are super easy to clean and the foam is easy to swish around in the old tank water when you need to clean it. It's super quiet, too. The water gets sucked in the filter from the sides but I've never had a problem with my betta getting sucked to it or ripped fins or anything like that. They are a little pricey (I think) but you get a good bang for your buck. I think I got mine from Petsmart.

Good luck in your search :)
LizzyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #18 
sandrac8388

I have the 3 aquaclears in 2 ten gallons and 1 five gallons. I just replace the carbon with more sponge to hold more BB. They are nice, quiet, and have an adjustable flow.
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #19 
SinX7

I got the AquaClear 30. I gotta say, I love that filter! My betta seems to like it also, he is always swimming around it. Plus you can adjust the flow like sandrac8388 said. It say on Sale at my Local Petsmart, so you might wanna check that. Did I mention, its very quiet?

So I say, AquaClear (Version is up to you).
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #20 
reaperscreepers

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaredize View Post
i would suggest withe an aquaclear 20 HOB which is adjustable and on lowest flow it is pretty weak. i actually use the 20 on my 5 gallon and find the current weak enough so on a 10 i would imagine it would be a really quiet flow. OR a sponge filter and u can get a valve that controls how much air gets pumped into the sponge filter so that should control the bubble current
i lowered my HOB filter to the lowest and use a sponge to block at the outflow, still my betta is stressed.. i guess because my betta as a huge and long fin and tail so he might be very sensitive..
reaperscreepers is offline   Reply With Quote