Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #41 
madmonahan

Wink

In during the day, out at night! He starts going crazy if I keep him in to long! :p all my other cats where wild before we rescued them. My mom didn't want 5 cats running around the house so we keep them out but midnight always found a way in! So we gave up! ;p he is my only....none rescue. My first rescue was a girl, she wasn't exactly a rescue but whatever :) she had midnight so he got very used to the pampered life of inside!!! ;p I can tell you about my other rescues if you'd like but I don't want to bore u! :) people call me crazy cat lady!! Haha! :D
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #42 
tanseattle

How many lbs is yours? My was over 27 lbs black/white. She was gone, too old...
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:42 AM   #43 
madmonahan

I dont know, but I think I'm going to weigh him tomorrow :) i'v been feeding him a little less and STILL haven't gotten any new toys, but I'm going to talk to my mom and ask if we can go tomorrow. :)

PS.I mean today! ;)
PPS.let you know what he weighs tomorrow/today!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #44 
Viva

Just gotta stick to a strict feeding schedule. Find out how many calories are in your cat food and limit his calorie intake. On an episode of The Dog Whisperer he helps a dog lose weight by putting him and his portion of food in an enclosed area (like the bathroom) for 10 minutes or until he finishes the portion. If they don't finish it empty the bowl. Keep doing this at every feeding and eventually they won't need to be enclosed and they'll eat their entire portion instead of taking a bite and then coming back later to eat more (like my cat does). This allows you to be able to control their intake better.

"Being overweight has a drastic effect on your cat's health and happiness. If your cat needs to lose weight, restrict calories by 10 percent or less. It will also help if you feed your cat more mini-meals, rather than one or two big meals. You may also want to try reduced-calorie cat food, since it will enable you to feed your cat the same volume of food while still lowering calories. Cats should lose no more than half a pound per month."
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #45 
madmonahan

^ thank you! Got him some catnip and a toy but haven't gotten to weigh him yet "sigh" busy day :) I'll try that method, but I think he'll just eat some and then find some place to sleep....I hope it works! I'll just have try and see!!! :p
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #46 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Is that the Cat in your avatar it?
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #47 
madmonahan

Yep! He's a little bigger than that now! :) just a pic of him being lazy!
Old 11-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #48 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That is adorible.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #49 
madmonahan

Haha! I know! Loves my baby!! :) havent seen him today...that's odd he comes in everyday! Maybe tomorrow....:)