Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #1 
titusthebetta

Still have that betta on my mind...

So some may have seen that I saw this betta at Petco and fell hard for him. After a long internal struggle, I decided not to get him. However, four days later, I'm still thinking about him.

Here's the picture (although very blurry) that I took with my phone:

I told myself that if he's still there on Friday or Saturday, I'm gonna get him. If he isn't, then I suppose it wasn't meant to be. However, I'm hoping I have power back in my dorm by then to set up the tank.

Who else deals with the issue of having a betta on their mind?
titusthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:08 PM   #2 
eemmais

The conditions that bettas are kept in at pet stores is not okay. I can't tell you how many times I've seen a beatiful betta floating dead in his cup. Thanks for thinking about him, hope you rescue the little fish!!!!
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:24 PM   #3 
MistersMom

Oh my gosh, i went to a LPS the other day, and the most gorgeous white chrome with blue on top delta was there, i haven't been able to quit thinking about that guy... he was GORGEOUS. just gorgeous..... i know how you feel, we will be in town friday for my drivers test and i think if he is still there, im gonna get him...
MistersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #4 
titusthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Oh my gosh, i went to a LPS the other day, and the most gorgeous white chrome with blue on top delta was there, i haven't been able to quit thinking about that guy... he was GORGEOUS. just gorgeous..... i know how you feel, we will be in town friday for my drivers test and i think if he is still there, im gonna get him...
I'm just afraid someone would have picked him up by now. He is just too good to pass up, except that he was $14, so that could be a slight deterrent.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM   #5 
MistersMom

Switch lids lmao.... it gets paid for eventually.... O.o

i really like the one i saw too, i am almost sure that he is gone, there were 2 of them..
Old 10-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 
titusthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistersMom View Post
Switch lids lmao.... it gets paid for eventually.... O.o

i really like the one i saw too, i am almost sure that he is gone, there were 2 of them..
Wish I could switch lids. They have the labels on both the cup and lid.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #7 
Maddybelle

LOL, I know the feeling. I saw this adorable orange VT at the LFS, left him there telling myself I needed to save room for a worse-off betta (the only thing wrong with him is a slight swim bladder issue, which seems to be congenital) Went back a few days later, got him and a little blue grizzle that was just lying at the bottom of his cup - thought he was dead at first. Thay are now named Equinox and Steve, and both always have a cute liitle bubblenest for me. I keep telling myself that they need to find new homes, but...
And them I went to petsmart...always a dangerous thing to do! I saw the most amazingest little green and black DT. Passed him up, too, hoping to save room for a walmart rescue. I went back a few days ago to look at the bettas, since my walmart isn't selling them for the time being (we'll see how long that lasts!) As I was getting ready to leave, they came by and put some more cups out - guess who was tucked away at the very bottom? By little DT buddy. He. of course, came home with me. Still needs a name =)
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:46 AM   #8 
MistersMom

awhhh
Old 10-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #9 
titusthebetta

So I'm actually trying to convince a friend of mine to go today since we don't have classes. The storm seems to have passed us and I have the time today unlike the weekend.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #10 
MistersMom

Sounds like a plan..!