Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-11-2012, 03:53 PM   #71 
hynesh9792

How is the little guy doing?
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #72 
carbonxxkidd

He's hanging in there! Still no real improvement, but he is still eating all the daphnia he can possibly fit in his tummy so that's good! :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:34 PM   #73 
carbonxxkidd

I actually found this thread of a betta with a similar problem from a few years back. Of course they never updated to see if the betta recovered and how they cured him! :(

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...dy-fin-rot!!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #74 
paloverde

I feel that bettas are subjected to so much from the time they are hatched to when they are stocked at the pet stores that the odds are stacked against them thriving for the long term. Your betta is lucky that he ended up with you, he is feasting on yummy bugs, if his life is cut a bit short at least it will be content.
paloverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #75 
hynesh9792

I really hope he will get better. Them NOT eating is a first sign something is wrong. So your guy eating is a GREAT sign I'm glad there are so many people that treat their fish as they would any other pet. My husband has a 75 gallon cichlid tank and it is BEAUTIFUL. I have a 20 gallon with 5 glofish, a guppy and some new guppy babies in a breeder tank and of course my little baby Junior. The first thing I do is talk to all of the fish when I get up lol and it's the first thing I do when I come home.

Junior (my betta) acts like a puppy. When I wake up and go out there, he gets SOOO excited. I feel like its not just b/c I feed him, b/c even when he's not hungry, he just loves to look at me and he loves when I talk to him. He wiggles back and forth SO much especially when I first wake up and when I come home. It's almost like he's bored all day or something.
hynesh9792 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:38 PM   #76 
carbonxxkidd

So, today, I ended up adding more medication to Scully's tank. His tail is probably going to fall off in a day or two, the rot has progressed quite a bit. My mom had some of those Jungle Fungus Clear tabs so I just added 1/2 of one of those and some AQ salt again. My tank water is a nice greenish color now. Other than the rot getting worse, he is still eating a ton. I'm going to use the Jungle stuff/AQ salt for the rest of the week and hope I see some improvement... :(
Old 11-12-2012, 08:40 PM   #77 
Wendyjo

I wouldn't mix the meds and the salt, I'd do one or the other. Many meds have salt in them and you end up with too much if you use both.
Wendyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #78 
NorthernLights

strength

Heya,

You mentioned you got a heater for his tank -- what is the temp like now?
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #79 
carbonxxkidd

It's at 78 degrees. The heater I bought keeps it at that constantly, it's a Tetra heater for 2-15 gallons.

Someone on a different website (who told me to try the Jungle Fungus Clear) told me to use it with salt. I didn't put very much in, 3tsp, so like 0.6tsp/gal.
Old 11-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #80 
NorthernLights

Do you have a thermometer in the tank? Just wondering, because the non-adjustable heaters are not particularly well calibrated.
NorthernLights is offline   Reply With Quote