Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #1 
Firefly85

Unhappy kicking myself right now

I can not believe what i did, I am just now kicking myself in the rear because i should have listened to my instinct/ gut.

I always look at our goodwill at least once a week, and while looking for a Halloween costume, I passed up an aquarium i had never seen before. I wasn't sure what brand/size it was until i go and look for it online. I also didn't have that much money on me so i left it behind and told my husband i woudl go back and pick it up tomorrow, if it was still there, since tanks seem to sit at that store forever.

I just finished looking it up and i will be darned it is a 12 gallon fluval edge tank. missing the hood and base, but i have never seen one in person since they are soooo expensive. I hope it is there when i go back and I hope it still holds water as it did look a little beat up.

I feel soo dumb, and the price was under $20 too

If anyone has one do you like it and what is in yours?
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #2 
Canuck Fins

I had to look the tank up because I didn't know it.

http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-12-Gall.../dp/B005X88XIK

That is a nice looking tank. I have no experience with it, but I hope it's there when you go back. If you get it, please share some photos once it's up and running with tankmates. :)
Canuck Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #3 
Blue Fish

Good luck to you, and looking forward to photos! :)
Blue Fish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 
Firefly85

I did get to pick it up, but i was wrong it is the 6 gallon not the 12 gal. I am still pretty happy though, it also needs some work. it might be a while before i get it up and running, but i am planning for it to be a NPT for sure.

I still have to clean everything and check for leaks. and decide if i want to but the hood for it.
Firefly85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #5 
megaredize

my fiance just got himself the 6 gallon one too. i showed him it and he fell in love with it. lol we havent set it up yet but it looks good. most hagen/fluval products are good. im loving my 5 gallon spec by fluval. He will be using it for some tetras and shrimp only and it will planted.
megaredize is offline   Reply With Quote