Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-30-2012, 07:52 AM   #11 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The most important thing on the list is people who want them.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #12 
prosthetik

Yeah a local Pet Store buys fish & my boyfriends family all want some.
prosthetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:07 AM   #13 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Good.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 AM   #14 
ravenwinds

Choc: it was an accident that I was without room for the bettas I ordered because my divided 20g long sprung a leak (my 2.5 year old daughter swung a metal flashlight at it and smashed the glass) and that tank was being set up for the bettas I ordered ...they arrived before I could replace and cycle another tank. You always seem to jump to worst idea possible. You just told prosthetic that she had to make sure she had purchased enough "containers" for the males....do you honestly think any breeder is going to make those containers 2.5gallons...its not practical at all!

Prosthetic: a 10gallon breeding and spawning tank is recommended by a lot breeders. Some uses a smaller spawning tank and then move the babies up accordingly. I use Kritter keepers, the largest size or a Rubbermaid type container and then move the babies up.
You can use aquabid, probably have to order from Thailand as most USA breeders don't ship overseas. I have no idea about the vinegar eels, banana worm cultures, etc...
ravenwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I never said they had to be 2.5 they are breeding and you cant keep males together so they need to be held in something you owe me an apology I was building a small list on supplies. Most pet store Bettas are from thialand but each boz has like 100.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #16 
ravenwinds

Choc: I was answering your very first post to this thread where you said I was hoarding because I didn't have room for bettas I ordered and you made comment about admin saying 2.5g...I was reminding you that breeders cannot realistically have 2.5g or larger tanks for all their fish and that it is water quality and happiness that count more! Honestly, I think you owe me an apology for "hoarding" comment...but I understand it was just a caring thought for the bettas and I am trying to be civil and mature about it.
I also understand you were making a short shopping list and I agreed with it. Maybe if you used some punctuation it would seem less like you were attacking other members of this forum. Without punctuation it is sometimes difficult to interpret your thoughts and your comments seem to be a verbal attack in my head...kind of someone using caps lock or bold faced font.

Prosthetic: I am sorry for hijacking your thread. I will answer any questions you come up with or you can PM me.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #17 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I was reffering to the person who ordered more fish off the internet than they can care for and decided to start keeping them in flower vases.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #18 
ravenwinds

I know most pet store bettas come from Thailand but that is where majority of betta breeders, who have been doing it for years, are. You have to be careful which breeders you buy from and you have to really know what to look for in way of conformation and fins...and color :)....but you can get some really nice ones.
Usually the pet stores get the culls from Thailand ...the ones that don't have the best conformation, etc...then aquabid gets the last set of culls probably, leaving breeder with only the best couple of bettas from each spawn.
At least that is how I interpret the system.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #19 
ravenwinds

That would be me! As I explained in the post after your list, my daughter swung a flashlight and smashed in their tank that I was getting ready for them!
Old 10-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Thialand Breeders breed for mass not quality.