Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-07-2014, 09:18 PM   #1 
briemonique

Question Trying a new food.

Hey guys so recently it has been brought to my attention that freeze-dried bloodworms aren't good for my boy.So today I went out and bought some new food,pellets.They are called Betta Bio-Gold and I was just wondering,those who have used it,what was your experience with it.I want to hear it all the good and bad,I just want what's best for my boy.
briemonique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 PM   #2 
VivianKJean

I would return those pellets and get either Omega One ($5 at petco) or New Life Spectrum pellets ($8-10 at petco, but you get twice the amount then OO). Those are the pellets that this forum recommends. I currently use both OO and NLS and my fish love both brands. If you want/can you can buy FROZEN bloodworms or brine shrimp as an occasional treat.

In general, stay away from freeze dried foods and flakes since they lead to bloating and constipation.
VivianKJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:15 PM   #3 
EvaJupiterSkies

If the Betta Bio-Gold is all you can get your hands on, it's not necessarily bad, but it's not great either. It's what I was feeding before switching to Omega One. But the Omega One Betta Buffet pellets are pretty awesome and about $4 at my local Petsmart. Everyone's more active and more colorful since I've switched. Highly recommend.
EvaJupiterSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:19 PM   #4 
briemonique

Thank you,I already opened the packet so I can't return it,but I will keep those brands in mind.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #5 
VivianKJean

If you bought if from Petco or Petsmart, you can return it. I've returned open food before. If they ask why you returned it just say that you bought the wrong food.
VivianKJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #6 
briemonique

Where I live the store just says sorry we can't take it.They're not very friendly.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #7 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I would say that it's worth going out and buying a four dollar jar of omega one, even if you already have and can't return the bio-gold. It's much better food, and will make for a healthier, happier, and possibly even more colorful fish.
MattsBettas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:30 PM   #8 
briemonique

I plan on getting new food once I have money.